Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does incidents after the race count toward you incident count?
Hi all,
I started doing races in SRS a couple weeks ago and I love it! One of the thing I was wondering is, does incident after the race count toward your incident count(which would reduce your points for the race)?
Also, thinking about it, does incidents during practice and qualification count also?
Thanks and see you on the track!
incidents count after crossing the finish line. only incidents in the race counts.
To be very clear on what Fredrik is saying, all incidents during the race SESSION count (as in, incidents during Practice or Qualifying do not, but all of them during and after the finish line do).

You might want to check out this thread to avoid any possible mishaps. https://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=7841
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Ah that's a very important detail, thanks guys!
There should be some sort of penalty during qualify session. Like starting at the rear of the field.
Contact isn't avoided as much during qualify since there's no repercussion.
You can still report incidents from qualifying.
(05-14-2020, 05:12 AM)Lawrence Nelson Wrote:  There should be some sort of penalty during qualify session. Like starting at the rear of the field.

I don't know how possible would that be to implement in the AC. AFAIK qualifying to race transition is automated, same as in the offline races, so you can't just move one person to the back without changing entire field.
Like Tim said, there are repercussions even for qualifying sessions. I've had two or three reports where people got 1 week suspensions for stuff they did. I'm talking going out of the pit just about as I'm coming to T1 and then just sitting at the apex, spinning out and not moving from the line even though they could, or obvious intentional blocking on the out lap. And I'm sure I could get a few more over the last year and a half.

The best thing that could be done in AC would be to either turn on ghosting during quali, or to have solo session like in R3E. Sadly, I'm pretty sure that neither of those work in AC.
There must be some way of adjusting the grid, as we have had reverse grid, second races.
Don't quote me on that, but I think that reverse grid is just the matter of ticking the box, and then the game itself just sorts the list other way, but moving one or two drivers based on time penalty probably isn't that easy. I mean, F1 games have it, but it's already built into the code, don't know about AC. And automated grid penalties would be very, very bad, IMO. Since there is no way of determining who's fault it is, the victim would be doubly effed up even before the race start. Imagine going for your flying lap, then somebody on their out lap blocks you. So instead of being first, you're 5th or something. Then the lap after somebody else takes you out and on top of that you get another 5 or so places. Now instead of starting at the front of the grid with better (or more careful) drivers, you're mid pack where you can only close your eyes and pray that you survive first lap, if you don't get destroyed in T1.
(05-14-2020, 05:12 AM)Lawrence Nelson Wrote:  There should be some sort of penalty during qualify session. Like starting at the rear of the field.
If it were even possible then both drivers would get sent to the back, the same way both drivers are given an incident for contact.

It's getting to the point where we expect the virtual world to be more fair than real life!