Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ping Problem
I never had this before. But for around 3 weeks or so. My ping is going crazy at the start of a race. Or during Q. so lets say my ping is at 115. then all of a sudden it goes to 3000 or even 5000 today. freezing my mouse but not the PC I can still hear other cars. But can't move to join. so I have been restarting my pc ..(have to restart because cant move the mouse) and joining back on AC online. then my ping is 116 to 139 back and fourth  during the race.. my internet ping is a 5 and speed is very fast. but SRS ping has always been 115 to 116 solid never moving up or down.
it does seem like it is just me..  because when I come back in . It seems everyone started the race fine. not sure

anyone running into this?

thanks 
T
(08-14-2021, 06:15 PM)Troy Beachem Wrote:  I never had this before. But for around 3 weeks or so. My ping is going crazy at the start of a race. Or during Q. so lets say my ping is at 115. then all of a sudden it goes to 3000 or even 5000 today. freezing my mouse but not the PC I can still hear other cars. But can't move to join. so I have been restarting my pc ..(have to restart because cant move the mouse) and joining back on AC online. then my ping is 116 to 139 back and fourth  during the race.. my internet ping is a 5 and speed is very fast. but SRS ping has always been 115 to 116 solid never moving up or down.
it does seem like it is just me..  because when I come back in . It seems everyone started the race fine. not sure

anyone running into this?

thanks 
T
Hi, Troy. I had some ping issues when joining SRS servers. As soon as I connect, often my ping goes up to 500 for maybe up to 30s and then back to my normal <100, which actually is lower then on public servers.
As for freezes, I remember having some really big ones when I was running SRS skins app. As it starts downloading other ppl skins, the game would completely freeze up for several seconds.
If it's a frequently recurring problem then you can troubleshoot it. I'd start by disabling all apps, and if it works enable half of them again and then enable/disable the next quarter, eighth... as needed until you narrow down which app(s) are the offenders.

Also make sure your other programs and devices aren't using any internet during that time.
It would be worth checking this, too, if using Content Manager...
https://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=8645
thank you for the replies ..I will try turning off some apps . I did turn off srs skins a while back,, and it seems to be sometimes this problem kicks in. I did a race at 5 NYC time everything was fine. so i guess I'll find out more this week I will join 12 o'clock race and see what happens. Rob going to check that link now.

Thanks

T

Ok. I did unchecking those boxes. Before I wrote the post.. thought it would work.. But it did freeze even with those setting off.. I'll keep looking..
Ok.. yesterday seemed to be ok @12 o'clock race it was going from 116 to around 136.. so when I came out of the race .. I went to check a few CM setting and I found a page (Online Settings) of course I did not change anything.. but it is some settings about the Ping,, well most of the setting are about Ping. yesterday was the first time I noticed this Online settings page in CM

has anyone have any understanding about this page in CM ?

Thanks

T
Ok.. I am sure this is SRS side. yesterday the 12 o'clock only I got kicked. on the grid ping went to 6000. rejoined 5 laps down but everything worked after rejoining,, The 5 o'clock race GP3 . kicked everyone out/ then 15 min. wait for Q. after rejoining on AC online (actually never seen that before). then race dose not show up in results ..but is on YouTube. 10 drivers . can't see any points or standings change. I raced 4 times this week. only shows 3.
might be worth a look SRS.

Thanks
T
ok.
this is getting worst and worst. Now I am getting incidents with out hitting anything.. the ping is going to 3000 during the race then back to 116,, cars in front are sliding across the track.. seems like a very bad NET CODE problem. also got 6 whole ranking points that just disappeared . from a race that i joined with only 2 other drivers. .then i left because its was not official. 6 whole points gone. and like i said, today in the race . did not hit anything or anyone but it showed 1 incident alter the race. The race at 11. hit the exit button to go to the pit,, someone hits me before I can even hit the return to pit ,,and then it shows I had 2 incidents.. this I can't really get it.. but it seems I'm not getting a lot of stuff here, nowadays
I had bad (undriveable) ping problems and it was suggested to try a different modem.
Swapped it out with the local provider (Comcast) and problem was fixed.
Good luck... hate these kind of probs! Sad
Hi. Rob How are you? funny you said that.. I just updated my router ..lets see if that will help.