Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rules and Racetiquette 0.2
(04-11-2021, 12:25 PM)Maurice Klerken Wrote:  
(11-01-2020, 10:14 AM)Gianluca Roncaglia Wrote:  
(11-01-2020, 09:35 AM)Carsten Meyer Wrote:  Nice work, gives the noob like me a guideline how to not be an (unvoluntary ) jerk.

Shame i found it only after one week of competing.

One thing I think could be better:

One should ALWAYS clear the racing line when not going full tilt.
Especially serving a penalty and stop on the racing line is exceptionally dangerous.
I`d compare that to stopping on the highway. Even if you are shure that nobody is following, they will come at you very fast through the last corner.

MFG Carsten
Thanks for your comments, Carsten! We published this list on out team's site, and sent it also to SRS admins, it would be useful for all to take a look at it, I guess.

As for your comment, in my opinion leaving the racing line if no opponents are in the area should not be necessary. With charts and apps you can always be aware of other racers' position so you can serve the penalty accordingly, taking care that under no circumstances you obstacle other drivers.

Getting rid of those time penalty's would be even better. Because they cause more harm than good. There should be another kind of penalty, if that is possible.

Agree, but I guess Kunos won't rewrite the code of the game Smile

(04-12-2021, 09:09 AM)Giovanni Michelini Wrote:  I like this rules very much.

I don't know if it is the correct post to ask that but, as a beginner, I would like a clarification about "divebombing": what's the correct behavior when the car in front of you brake very early?

Looking on YouTube videos I understood that the best way to avoid the car in front of you is to go for the outside of the corner, because the other car will "close" the line and going for the inside will cause a collision. But the closest you are to the car in front of you, the higher probability that it is already braking on the outside of the next corner (where the racing line is). So you have two way to avoid it, going for the inside or go offtrack on the outside (the third way being braking straight and punt it).
For what I can understand going for the inside in case of early braking by the car in front you is considered "divebombing", so what to do in this scenario?

I found this summary on how to move in a disputed corner very helpful:

https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2014/08/...of-racing/

As you can see, there are still grey areas where it's difficult to determine who's in right in case of contacts. As for your question, I'd say: if possible, learn the driver before you, and keep a safe zone in terms of distance and racing line to prevent bumps/hits. This is certainly a racing skill.

Braking at the proper braking point is never to be marked as divebombing in my opinion, although especially at start when in the middle of the pack everyone must be (or at least should be) very careful and adapt the approach to a corner if necessary. To me, it is certainly divebombing when the chasing car tries to dispute the corner being fully behind the leading car at the braking point. 
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rules and Racetiquette 0.2 - by Carsten Meyer - 11-01-2020, 09:35 AM
RE: Rules and Racetiquette 0.2 - by Gianluca Roncaglia - 04-12-2021, 09:20 AM
RE: Rules and Racetiquette 0.2 - by Russell Sobie - 04-12-2021, 11:32 PM