Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Points for the championship
(09-24-2020, 02:18 PM)Maurice Klerken Wrote:  Hi.

I don't know if this has been discussed before.

When you do up to 5 races, your best result counts. If you do 6 or more, the average off all races will get your score. I think this could be unfair? And also may prevent people from doing a sixth or more race. For example. I got these point results: 95, 84, 90, 61, 62, 90. This averaged to 81.8. If I would not have done that last race, I would have 95 points, correct?

So wouldn't it be better to just count the best result? No matter how many races? This way everybody would keep trying to get a better result, and maybe more people would join a race. Or maybe take the best 3 results and average that. 

What do you all think?
It may be discussed but I don't think it's unfair.
This rule rewards the players that can achieve their best result with the lesser amount of races, which is certainly a skill. Were they 6 or 4 or 7, it would be the same, but I wouldn't like for sure counting the best result regardless from the number of races, since this 1) would be a great advantage for those who have time to race all day long 2) would incentivate screwing up races if you don't like how it started ("Ok, the hell with that, let's go with the next one") or risky behaviours since you'll always have one more try.
Maybe 7 races instead of 5 - one race a day - could be considered, but not as many races as you like in my opinion.
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.

Messages In This Thread
Points for the championship - by Maurice Klerken - 09-24-2020, 02:18 PM
RE: Points for the championship - by Gianluca Roncaglia - 09-24-2020, 02:56 PM
RE: Points for the championship - by Martin Smith - 09-24-2020, 10:13 PM
RE: Points for the championship - by Martin Smith - 09-25-2020, 04:40 PM
RE: Points for the championship - by Martin Smith - 09-25-2020, 06:53 PM
RE: Points for the championship - by Eduardo Sa - 12-06-2020, 11:30 PM