Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCG GT3 Setup to not run out of fuel on Brands Hatch??
(09-11-2020, 03:05 PM)Bogdan Bodnarescu Wrote:  Yes, I did some laps yesterday in Road America before the race and the 100%  consumption was like 4.4 liters/lap but it was not faster, with the Z4 I get around 6 liters in the actual race which is 200% or 170% fuel consumption I think, so you have to do a 2 pits with the SCG, which means you need some setup that would make it at least 1 s faster than the best time a lap to be able to even have a chance.
I wonder if the high consumption is also in reality or this is like a bug from AC.
It doesn't look realistic that 2 cars that do both around 2.08 for a lap, one has consumption almost double than the other.
The Z4 has the lowest fuel consumption of all gt3s in AC. Kinda unfair comparison.
Plan for starting less full, softer tyres, 2 stops, maybe it will have a chance.
(09-11-2020, 03:05 PM)Bogdan Bodnarescu Wrote:  Yes, I did some laps yesterday in Road America before the race and the 100%  consumption was like 4.4 liters/lap but it was not faster, with the Z4 I get around 6 liters in the actual race which is 200% or 170% fuel consumption I think, so you have to do a 2 pits with the SCG, which means you need some setup that would make it at least 1 s faster than the best time a lap to be able to even have a chance.
I wonder if the high consumption is also in reality or this is like a bug from AC.
It doesn't look realistic that 2 cars that do both around 2.08 for a lap, one has consumption almost double than the other.
3 vs 4.4 l/lap isn't exactly an unrealistic difference, I was testing out the Porsche and the Nissan around Laguna Seca and the Nissan used more than a litre more than the porsche. Considering all these cars are official content I highly doubt it's a bug.
It's not a bug, but many official GT3 cars represented in AC are also from different years, and so we have a huge choice of cars but with differing performances according to that year's rules. Combine that with a 200% fuel rate during one hour races, and the SCG is unfairly left behind just because of fuel consumption and a bit smaller fuel tank. No setup or even using soft tyre will make it 1 second faster than any 1-stopper car just like that. The tyre change is about 20 seconds anyway which is also around 100 liters of fuel to add during pitstop. So you have to do anything to make it on 1 stop. Too bad, because it's a cool car to drive. I drove several races with it, and when I realized that I won't make it running on full revs, I've been monitoring fuel consumption, upshifting early up to about 6000 RPM, braking lighter but earlier and coasting into corners. And with clutch, sometimes even lifting and coasting down the straight just to make it. Also, depends on the track. If you're on the gas a lot, like at Road America, Mosport or Nordschleife, it will hurt. Ahhh well, those were pathetic times hahhah