Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCG GT3 Setup to not run out of fuel on Brands Hatch??
Hello, I did yesterday my first race with the SCG and I almost run out of fuel at Brands Hatch with one Pit Full to Full.
The consumption is 5.7 l/lap and there are at least 20 laps in 30 mins and the tank is 110 liters, so in 30 mins you will be at the limit and then in the second part of the race the same.
I ran out of fuel at the last left turn and then cruised to the finish line.
Adjust your driving style to use less fuel or go for a two stop strategy. This sort of potential strategy options are imo what makes longer races interesting, and is exactly why the fuel consumption and tyre wear is set to what it is for these series.
Maybe running with a lower REV Limiter? Changing gears up sooner also helps
It's weird because with the Audi GT3 in the American Champ i'm using 90L at the start (which holds for 35 min aprox.) and refuelling with 70-80L...
(09-05-2020, 09:47 PM)Juan Caires Wrote:  Maybe running with a lower REV Limiter? Changing gears up sooner also helps
It's weird because with the Audi GT3 in the American Champ i'm using 90L at the start (which holds for 35 min aprox.) and refuelling with 70-80L...
Different cars have different characteristics just like real life, nothing weird about it. When they are nicely balanced this is what makes a series like this so awesome. Seems like the SCG is thirsty on fuel, but it's probably got other strengths. If you can't adjust your driving or strategy to make it work or just don't get along with it, everyone is free to change cars whenever they want.
(09-06-2020, 04:02 PM)Luke Bouwmeester Wrote:  
(09-05-2020, 09:47 PM)Juan Caires Wrote:  Maybe running with a lower REV Limiter? Changing gears up sooner also helps
Different cars have different characteristics just like real life, nothing weird about it. When they are nicely balanced this is what makes a series like this so awesome. Seems like the SCG is thirsty on fuel, but it's probably got other strengths. If you can't adjust your driving or strategy to make it work or just don't get along with it, everyone is free to change cars whenever they want.

Yeah indeed, we've seem different cars winning in different tracks. It's really awesome because people can race with their favorite car and we may have a very diverse grid.
I've done 4 or more races with the GT3s since this post.
Nobody is racing with the SCG ...
I wonder why ...
(09-06-2020, 06:45 PM)Bogdan Bodnarescu Wrote:  I've done 4 or more races with the GT3s since this post.
Nobody is racing with the SCG ...
I wonder why ...
Don't know because I never raced in this car. In fact I didn't even know that it is a GT3... Also I've never seem it in the America's series so far.
Ferrari and the McLaren 650 are the most popular. Z4 also. I'm using the Audi (2016 version, the Ultra version is a bit weird) and it's a pretty good car.
(09-06-2020, 06:32 PM)Juan Caires Wrote:  
(09-06-2020, 04:02 PM)Luke Bouwmeester Wrote:  

Yeah indeed, we've seem different cars winning in different tracks. It's really awesome because people can race with their favorite car and we may have a very diverse grid.

Yeah for sure, I'm running the Porsche and it can be very scary at times, I won at Laguna Seca but then had no answer for the top guys at zandvoort, who were all in different cars. I've seen a few SCG's around but not many, might be performance related but I would guess it's more about brand recognition. If everyone else is anything like me they picked their gt3 with their heart.
The SCGs Brakes are worse in AC, that alone makes a lot of people off it. It does have the only (2) front wing in gt3 class so It excells in high speed corners. but performance wise its on average not on par with other AC GT3 cars.
It´s my favorite GT3 car in AC but it just a handicap if you pick it.
Yes, I did some laps yesterday in Road America before the race and the 100% consumption was like 4.4 liters/lap but it was not faster, with the Z4 I get around 6 liters in the actual race which is 200% or 170% fuel consumption I think, so you have to do a 2 pits with the SCG, which means you need some setup that would make it at least 1 s faster than the best time a lap to be able to even have a chance.
I wonder if the high consumption is also in reality or this is like a bug from AC.
It doesn't look realistic that 2 cars that do both around 2.08 for a lap, one has consumption almost double than the other.