Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RSS Formula Hybrid 2017
(09-14-2020, 07:23 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  I created a poster-thingy to promote this week's race. Feel free to share it at whatever community you're part of :-)

I posted it to the simracing and AC subs on reddit.

[Image: koLF6AZ.jpg]
Awesome!
Are you ready guys for this race?
Totally :-)

DRS should be disabled on the whole track, right?
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(09-14-2020, 07:23 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  I created a poster-thingy to promote this week's race. Feel free to share it at whatever community you're part of :-)

I posted it to the simracing and AC subs on reddit.

[Image: koLF6AZ.jpg]

Looks amazing! I've not done much practice for this one but looking forward to it; another proper circuit. My setup from last week is on the setups page to help people out.
So I was the whole race running on 100% regen and 11/11 engine brake and for the first 20mins it worked quite great with energy (was using all my lap quota and hat 30% battery left at the end of the stint)
However, at the final stint, the same settings, didn't change my driving too much I was out of battery 10mins into the stint (same settings 100% 11/11) ... and I was running mode "motor" all race but needed to switch to "battery" last 10mins of the race or so.
Almost seems like this mod is simulating battery or MGU-K wear ^^
anyone has an idea what going on there?
I had problems too. Not as bad as you, but for some reason I also didn't recover as much energy as I did in practice.

In practice everything was fine in mode top speed with 70% recovery, but in the race I ran out of power at the end of the lap and needed to manually manage the recovery.

But that's not nearly as worrying as the participation in the last two races. The mod is great and the tracks are well known and I'd say also quite popular. I don't get it.

We had a lot of participants with those "improvable" 1991 cars and also when we raced the 2009 Williams at unknown tracks like Kyalami.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
I was a bit annoyed with myself yesterday because I didn't perform to the level I can, but that's just the athlete in me coming through! For the last 20 minutes I relaxed a lot and enjoyed one of the best tracks in the world. Even had two passes around the outside at the Carousel which were a lot of fun.

Great performances by the top two, really good pace and consistency. 

Participation is the big issue and I've got some theories. I think you could race any car at Spa and Monza and get a big grid because of the circuits. Mugello and Road America are less well known so a few people will drop out.

I also think people are going out more and spending a bit less time at their computers just because we can now. Lockdown in most places has been eased and I think people are taking advantage of it.

I think hybrid cars will always be smaller grids because more understanding is needed to be even within 4 seconds of 1st place. I love the added complexity but I am sure some others are confused by it.

My last theory is that people assume it is a paid mod because it is by RSS.

If each of those reasons are responsible for 2 people not racing we are down to a small grid.
I made 3 for this week's race (couldn't decide), share them again if you want.

[Image: njnbk5u.jpg]

[Image: tNcxvrq.jpg]

[Image: 0QoT01a.jpg]
alright folks been a while.
just jumped in and had a go. Throttle mapping seems a bit off, it's like an on off switch. Still leagues above other f1 mods though.
nurburgring default setup, battery left on high balanced, 90% recovery, Motor, running around in the 27.9's - so thats a baseline benchmark.
probably going to stiffen the front, put diff power on 0%, try and do something to stabilise rear on throttle mid corner.
Would love to have a go but the race is 11am in the US for me and someone needs to work Smile.

Will this be run again at a time for the Pacific guys?
Have fun!
(09-17-2020, 09:17 AM)Dominic ORourke Wrote:  I was a bit annoyed with myself yesterday because I didn't perform to the level I can, but that's just the athlete in me coming through! For the last 20 minutes I relaxed a lot and enjoyed one of the best tracks in the world. Even had two passes around the outside at the Carousel which were a lot of fun.

Great performances by the top two, really good pace and consistency. 

Participation is the big issue and I've got some theories. I think you could race any car at Spa and Monza and get a big grid because of the circuits. Mugello and Road America are less well known so a few people will drop out.

I also think people are going out more and spending a bit less time at their computers just because we can now. Lockdown in most places has been eased and I think people are taking advantage of it.

I think hybrid cars will always be smaller grids because more understanding is needed to be even within 4 seconds of 1st place. I love the added complexity but I am sure some others are confused by it.

My last theory is that people assume it is a paid mod because it is by RSS.

If each of those reasons are responsible for 2 people not racing we are down to a small grid.
Maybe this is a better spot to advertise a discussion from another thread. One year ago there was a pretty successful test of multiclass racing (LMP1 + GT3) As I mostly think we guys are here for 1h fast and complicated hybrid cars we could also try the LMP1s and fill the grids with other people wanting to race GT3s. With the rule that GT3s stay on racing line overtaking was actually pretty easy and safe with the LMP1 cars.
Also, this means we could run tracks like le mans and so on Wink

So my suggestion: If grids for pure F1 racing with 400 min rating are not well attended why not trying multiclass LMP1 + GT3 1h races in this slot?