Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMS 2 Formula Trainer car?
(09-03-2020, 12:22 AM)Armando Mossuto Wrote:  Sorry Jason if it was my fault the incident in the first corner. Initially I though it was my fault because I totally forgot that crew chief spotter sometimes fails at the beggining of the race and I was unaware that you were there. But after watching the replay it seems that I was running out of track in the outside and didn't really have any other option, so who knows. For some reason this wasn't counted as an incident by the end of the race.

Aside from the first corner, I had a good rest of the race, which I decided to drive conservatively because I didn't see myself with the pace to caught the guys at the front.
I thought that I had the position so that you should have to back off, but I'm not really sure. Unusually for me, I got a really good jump off the line which put me in the pack for turn one. But I really don't know if I was lunging, had position, or what. These cars are really tough to control when at the limits with braking and trying to rotate them, so it's understandable to have an incident there. All I know is that my car was wrecked to the point where I couldn't even get back to the pits so I just quit rather than hang out for 20 minutes. It wasn't worth hanging around just to get a replay as I'm really not that concerned about assigning blame. 

It's really OK. I know that nobody is trying to do anything dirty. I do appreciate you posting though. This is a great community and we're all just trying to have fun. At least I am because I don't think I'll win any races in this series. I just want to keep getting more seat time so I can improve.

See you on track!

Jason
I recently discovered there is a setting in Crew Chief for how long it waits to start spotting after the race start. I turned mine way down, much better now.
What the game really needs is a helicorsa / ACC style radar that pops up when needed.
_____
AMS2 Sprint Race Champion 2020
(09-03-2020, 12:22 AM)Armando Mossuto Wrote:  Sorry Jason if it was my fault the incident in the first corner. Initially I though it was my fault because I totally forgot that crew chief spotter sometimes fails at the beggining of the race and I was unaware that you were there. But after watching the replay it seems that I was running out of track in the outside and didn't really have any other option, so who knows. For some reason this wasn't counted as an incident by the end of the race.

Aside from the first corner, I had a good rest of the race, which I decided to drive conservatively because I didn't see myself with the pace to caught the guys at the front.
Hey armando don´t worry, nobodys fault.
You and jason got a little to close, and you guys went very wide, I didnt see jason was still hugging the outside of the track at corner exit and I was on this blind spot.
I watched the replay and not really much we could have done to prevent it. (Besides buying triple screen or a ultrawide)

I got 2 minutes pitstop to repair, and almost managed to get one position at the end. At least i did finish the race.
Happens. It was fun.
Suzuka looks very promising.
This series is awesome fun. Maybe next seson formula Vee at the same time? would be awesome.
Formula vee is great fun. Also hoping for a p3 or Roco series at some stage. Love driving that car.
_____
My game crashed when checking setup before the race. Incredibly frustrating but I've tried to console myself by likening it to a random car break down in a real race.

I did still watch the race, congrats to Juan for a clean drive up front.

It's been some time and the results are still not up, did something go wrong with the server?
_____
It's a shame that your game crashed, Michael.

Congrats to Juan for winning. He really showed some good defending at the beginning of the race when I pressed for 3 laps. I am surprised that the game handled flawlessly all the close racing during those few laps, so I guess this was really improved in the last update.

I, in the other hand, was impatient and ended up locking my brakes in T1 attempting to overtake by lap 4. By the end of the race I started cutting the gap, but almost binned it in the last corner when trying to push too much with the tires already in a bad shape. I think I got an incident point in that last spin for smashing one of the signs.

I will need to start practicing the starts of the races. I am too slow and cautious there. If the guys in P3 and P4 wouldn't have crashed I would have definitely been overtaken by them before the first corner.

Let's see what happens in the last race! Good luck everyone.

It would be awesome if more people joined the SRS AMS2 series. For the moment I think only 5 of us have kept with this series since the beggining.
That's really unfortunate Michael, it was looking like you had the championship.

I would have been still racing in the series, but I am still waiting for my wheel and base to come back from a warrantee repair. I'm certainly hoping that we get some new series in AMS2.
(09-10-2020, 12:55 PM)Armando Mossuto Wrote:  It's a shame that your game crashed, Michael.

Congrats to Juan for winning. He really showed some good defending at the beginning of the race when I pressed for 3 laps. I am surprised that the game handled flawlessly all the close racing during those few laps, so I guess this was really improved in the last update.

I, in the other hand, was impatient and ended up locking my brakes in T1 attempting to overtake by lap 4. By the end of the race I started cutting the gap, but almost binned it in the last corner when trying to push too much with the tires already in a bad shape. I think I got an incident point in that last spin for smashing one of the signs.

I will need to start practicing the starts of the races. I am too slow and cautious there. If the guys in P3 and P4 wouldn't have crashed I would have definitely been overtaken by them before the first corner.

Let's see what happens in the last race! Good luck everyone.

It would be awesome if more people joined the SRS AMS2 series. For the moment I think only 5 of us have kept with this series since the beggining.

Talking about the net code, I watched the replay and its very weird my crash with Jason (Sorry btw).

I didn't went into him, neither he into me. And the server didn't score a single incident point for me, but 8 for Jason.

So since server not registered a incident for me makes it look like a netcode issue.

I think it does have improved a lot on rear front collisions, but not so much on side-by-side collisions.

Maybe formula trainer has a square "hitbox" and we cant get a tire between the other car two tires.
For me the impression was  I was going straight and sudenly I got sucked to the right.

For next race I´ll setup Crewchief and give it a go to try and get a cleaner start. I´ll make sure to give more side room just to make sure.
AMS 2 cold brakes on first lap is something we have to be mindful off.

Besides those issues, went from P7 to P3 not bad at all. I think Henrique was Out of fuel on last lap, but P3 fight was awesome.
The AMS2 netcode is still dodgy. In the last series, I compared replays with Juan Reinoso after a contact. From each point of view the incident was quite different.
The incident reporting in AMS2 is still really dodgy too, and worst of all it's still a mystery as when they will trigger.
Crew chief is really helpful. There is a setting that delays how long after the start it starts spotting around you. You want to reduce this to get spotting right from the start.

Unfortunately for me this was the straw that broke the camel's back. Everyone has priorities for what they want from a sim and mine is competitive multiplayer. It's clear that AMS2 + SRS is not the right combo for me at the moment. The game is unstable and one game crash has meant I have zero chance of winning the championship even if I win the last race to make it 5/6. The points structure in SRS is designed for packed multi split servers. If this was AC I could just run in another session and have the result register towards the championship. But that's not an option here and I rarely get anyone to race in the Ginetta series so I'm excluded from that championship too.

On Friday I signed up for iRacing and the appeal of a multitude of races throughout the day is great for my needs. The game just feels so 'sorted' compared to the still wet behind the ears AMS2. I'm not used to the sim yet so it still feels a bit foreign but in time that will change. The only downside is the hit to my wallet.

I won't be continuing here but I did want to say how much I enjoyed racing with our group over the last few months. The camaraderie is something I will definitely miss in iRacing. Best of luck in the remainder of this series and any to come. Smile
_____
(09-12-2020, 08:25 AM)Michael Laws Wrote:  The AMS2 netcode is still dodgy. In the last series, I compared replays with Juan Reinoso after a contact. From each point of view the incident was quite different.
The incident reporting in AMS2 is still really dodgy too, and worst of all it's still a mystery as when they will trigger.
Crew chief is really helpful. There is a setting that delays how long after the start it starts spotting around you. You want to reduce this to get spotting right from the start.

Unfortunately for me this was the straw that broke the camel's back. Everyone has priorities for what they want from a sim and mine is competitive multiplayer. It's clear that AMS2 + SRS is not the right combo for me at the moment. The game is unstable and one game crash has meant I have zero chance of winning the championship even if I win the last race to make it 5/6. The points structure in SRS is designed for packed multi split servers. If this was AC I could just run in another session and have the result register towards the championship. But that's not an option here and I rarely get anyone to race in the Ginetta series so I'm excluded from that championship too.

On Friday I signed up for iRacing and the appeal of a multitude of races throughout the day is great for my needs. The game just feels so 'sorted' compared to the still wet behind the ears AMS2. I'm not used to the sim yet so it still feels a bit foreign but in time that will change. The only downside is the hit to my wallet.

I won't be continuing here but I did want to say how much I enjoyed racing with our group over the last few months. The camaraderie is something I will definitely miss in iRacing. Best of luck in the remainder of this series and any to come. Smile
I completely understand. It was a pleasure to race with you on track and I'll always have that second race in the Formula Trainers where I actually put a little pressure on you for a few laps, so there's that Smile 

I'm sure that you will tear it up in iRacing. Have fun!