Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMS 2 Formula Trainer car?
Does anyone know which of the 2 available Formula Trainer cars will be used in the AMS 2 series starting tomorrow? I just want to make sure I'm not practicing in the wrong one. Thanks!
(08-11-2020, 08:50 PM)Max Grafe Wrote:  Does anyone know which of the 2 available Formula Trainer cars will be used in the AMS 2 series starting tomorrow? I just want to make sure I'm not practicing in the wrong one. Thanks!
I had the same doubt, cause both have same icon, hope this can be clarified. I guess its the normal, not de "advanced" one.
(08-11-2020, 09:20 PM)Vitor Arbex Wrote:  
(08-11-2020, 08:50 PM)Max Grafe Wrote:  Does anyone know which of the 2 available Formula Trainer cars will be used in the AMS 2 series starting tomorrow? I just want to make sure I'm not practicing in the wrong one. Thanks!
I had the same doubt, cause both have same icon, hope this can be clarified. I guess its the normal, not de "advanced" one.
I've been doing the normal one. I'm pretty sure that's right.
regular car, not the advanced.
Thanks for the clarification! Of course now it turns out I can't actually make the race  Dodgy
Was a really good race last night.
I'm not a great fan of the Indy track at Brands hatch, but it was fun.  Some good racing and I finished only 0.2s behind second.  Maybe I'll get you next time Jason  Big Grin
(08-13-2020, 08:15 AM)Tim Cullingworth Wrote:  Was a really good race last night.
I'm not a great fan of the Indy track at Brands hatch, but it was fun.  Some good racing and I finished only 0.2s behind second.  Maybe I'll get you next time Jason  Big Grin
You almost certainly will. I was being super-conservative for the last 8 minutes or so, particularly around Paddock and Surtees/McLaren. Once I realized that you were coming on I knew that I needed to get serious, which was scary on the worn tires, but that's the point right? I also didn't realize that we had one more lap to go when the time was down to 0, so I'm pretty surprised that I didn't blow it going into Paddock for the last lap.

I'm with you on that track configuration, but at least I was somewhat familiar with it. Next week is going to take some work to learn the track as I have zero experience with it. 

I think we have a good group. I really hope that everyone stays connected for the whole race each time because there will definitely be some spins.
Does anyone else find the car won't always shift down from 2nd to 1st under braking? Pressing twice times it too late and I tend to spin.
Pretty sure it's only this car so not my gear.
_____
AMS2 Sprint Race Champion 2020
I think it might have a rev protection on it, so it won't let shift down if you're going too fast but I've not experimented.
Just has my first lap on Brasilia outer. Compared to Brands with all the off camber bends and bumps, it's a breeze to get around cleanly. I think going really fast will be harder.
_____
AMS2 Sprint Race Champion 2020