Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Praga R1 Brake Bias
I've been struggling to get the Praga R1 brake bias and brake strength dialed in at Paul Ricard. Any tips?
I'm running a G920 wheel and pedals with the race department rasmus LUT for force feedback.
I want to ask one question.
I am struggling with braking at Nurburgring. I mean, no matter how I set the brake bias and pressure, rear end always feels like driving on ice. Is there any way to set that or I have to manage my driving style to this?
Signatures? Like in good ol' days Big Grin
I find the Praga has very little feel in the rear end, if you make sudden movements with steering input you will lose it. Try doing some slow laps where you focus on smooth steering input, especially at corner entry or while trail braking. Also, as with other high aero cars you need to reduce your braking force through the braking zone as the car slows down because of the less downforce generated.
I'm running default brake bias, but have lowered the brake pressure to 90%.
Thanks Steen. I'll do some more experimenting and see- I'm at 90 pressure and 61 bb right now, will move it to 60 and see how the car handles.

Steen ToudalI'm running default brake bias, but have lowered the brake pressure to 90%.
At Laguna Seca I've turned the pressure all the way down to 80% because it's so easy to lock the brakes at several places.
(08-04-2020, 07:22 PM)Steen Toudal Wrote:  At Laguna Seca I've turned the pressure all the way down to 80% because it's so easy to lock the brakes at several places.
Steen, are you using the logitech G series or something else?
I have a Fanatec DD1 with the Clubsport V3.
Man I wish we could add rear wing and loosen the diff off-throttle at Laguna Seca. I can't control the rear in the mid corner to save my life. My fastest quali lap was a 1:27.0 but I'm doing high 1:29's because I don't trust the car at any turn.