Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check Sum error - Fixed Setup
Tried to join the Praga R1 Race but I was kicked due to Checksum Error
I verified the AC files over Steam but still getting kicked.
Any suggestion?
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster

Sir Stirling Moss.-
Do you have the latest Watkins Glen?

https://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=8748
(07-14-2020, 11:39 PM)Martin Smith Wrote:  Do you have the latest Watkins Glen?

https://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=8748
Indeed, I had the Glen last version 1.1 but I made silly mistake of unpacking it over the old 1.0.

Deleted 1.0 and unpacked 1.1 now its working.

I appreciate your interest. Thanks!
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster

Sir Stirling Moss.-
(07-14-2020, 10:26 PM)Patrick Tamellini Wrote:  Tried to join the Praga R1 Race but I was kicked due to Checksum Error
I verified the AC files over Steam but still getting kicked.
Any suggestion?

The same thing happened to me on the 22:00 GMT race yesterday of the Praga...
Quickly realized I had an old version of the track and went on to update it with Content Manager (through the Racedepartment page for the track) after that the simulator just started crashing when loading the simulation at Watkins Glen. I guess the update just happened over the old one. But after deleting the folder entirely and downloading again the same thing happens.
Any ideas?
On the Racedepartment page for the track the developer mentions something about the install process now being straightforward, but I don't remember if the previous install involved some "trick"...
(Doing a file integrity check now with steam)

Integrity check came back with some files that needed downloading and steam did that.

Just tried it again and the same thing happens. Goes to the splash screen with aerial view of the track and then crashes.

I get this message when it returns to the CM screen:

Error might have something to do with:
AC\kn5io.cpp (213): KN5IO::load
AC\model.cpp (32): Model::load
AC\trackavatar.cpp (372): TrackAvatar::init3D
AC\trackavatar.cpp (59): TrackAvatar::TrackAvatar
AC\sim.cpp (1066): Sim::loadTrack
AC\racemanager.cpp (351): RaceManager::initOffline
AC\racemanager.cpp (174): RaceManager::loadSessions
AC\sim.cpp (320): Sim::Sim
AC\splashscreen.cpp (319): SplashScreen::postRender
AC\game.cpp (181): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Try deleting Documents/Assettocorsa Folder (make a backup beforehand) and try again, only thing that came up after a short search
(07-15-2020, 12:40 PM)Thomas Muller Wrote:  Try deleting Documents/Assettocorsa Folder (make a backup beforehand) and try again, only thing that came up after a short search

Thanks for the help but no result...
Tried deleting everything from the old installation (did that with the help of an install log file, old version was 0.9); installing manually by pasting and unpacking the .7zip file in the tracks folder; installing by dragging the .7zip file into CM window; deleting the documents/assetto corsa folder.
Still not working
Try launching from AC without CM
(07-15-2020, 02:37 PM)Martin Smith Wrote:  Try launching from AC without CM

Thought of that a few minutes ago. Did another integrity check and started AC directly from Steam.
Praga R1, original skin. Watkins Glen Boot.
Does the same thing; goes to the splash screen loading the simulation but then crashes; the only difference is that in CM I get the crash message with hints at what might cause it.

Tried disabling the Custom Shaders Patch altogether - Failed again. But as it crashed the CM pop-up suggested one of the apps might be mulfunctioning (thesetupmarket was the first one). After disabling the app and trying again it kept suggesting an app might be mulfunctioning, eventually all of them were off but then it worked.

Only problem is now CSP and all my apps are off; going to try and recover one by one to see where's the problem
OK... So...
SRSSkin, thesetupmarket, CrewChief all work well.
BLM seems to spark the first problem (with CSP turned off).
If I try to use CSP it goes back to the first error with the message I posted earlier. (the apps related to Sol are off in any case)
I can now start the simulation at Watkins Glen but no CSP, Sol or BLM.
If anyone might have a very brilliant ideia of what's going on here...  Huh
I always say: less software = better.