Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Formula 1991
I ran 7-1 which probably was the reason why my car behaved weird with medium fuel. Didn't try 1-1. But 9-3 significantly reduced the top speed without making it feel more stable.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Safe front 8 and rear 10 here lol
Simon there is something weird with the car under some conditions, do not know how to explain it but the behaviour sudenly changes after you burn some fuel and the car becomes pretty unstable but after some more time it goes back to normal, makes zero sense, has nothing to do with tyre, its just weird. 10 litres or 60 litres feels pretty simmilar (slower and bit more sluggish with more fuel ofc ) but somewhere inbetween its like someone ripped the rear wing off.

Another weird thing is the wings, if i used lower wings i wasnt really gettin higher top speed, only more unstable car. maybe its becase of that i dont use high ride heights at the rear(because that is also nonsense). So i dunno how much it it takes into acount overall suspension settings combined with wings, maybe its because of your increased ride height you getting overall more downforce and drag(more rake) and when you increse wings the effect is much higher ?
Also note that the front wing will take out top speed more than usual, well what I'm used to at least.

I don't think these cars have been running more rake setups. Maybe while the car is in the garage it seems like more rake, since the ride heights we see there are static car readings. When running on track and with speed, the drag on the wings should affect ride heights and probably bring that rear down as it were with these cars, I suppose. This more downforce that's created should help prevent rear tyre overheating, and maybe you guys had a lack of downforce and a problem there. I'm guessing.

The fuel load brings a bit less acceleration and top speed but most importantly the weight to the rear of the car. So it makes it understeery in the early run, but then as it lightens it gets balanced towards neutral or oversteer. This is kind of the result I have at least.
those things would explain why I had no rear stability at certain fuel loads, yeah

ridiculous ride height, no downforce + a bit of weight but not enough to push the car down
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Another thing to note with low wing angles. While top speeds won't increase tremendously, it will get you great acceleration out of the corners. You can see that your delta goes to beautiful green negative out of practically every corner.
yeah, that's what I actually meant when I said wings reduce top speed. The actual top speed was just 5 km/h slower with more wings, but I still gained lots of time on the straights.
(07-30-2020, 06:01 PM)Michal Ringes Wrote:  i dont use high ride heights at the rear(because that is also nonsense)

I started my setups from scratch now and avoided this nonsensical rear ride height and had to adjust my view because I couldn't see the road the road anymore Big Grin
I think 1-1 on the wings last week worked for the Williams but maybe for other cars it was crazy. I was fastest in the middle sector which needs more downforce but still lost time of the straights. When I added wing in testing my laps got slower. Seems I may be betraying my local team for Monza! 

I never like to criticise a mod team because they do amazing work often for free. However, I would say the way setups work (at least for the FW14) doesn't make much sense to me.
Hi guys!
Unfortunately tonight I had a checksum mismatch, what a shame. Do you have any idea how to check the car versions before the race?
Thank you in advance Smile