Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Formula 1991
(07-16-2020, 05:39 PM)Ethan Dean Wrote:  
(07-16-2020, 05:22 PM)Donnchadh MacGarry Wrote:  It was mentioned before, but be very careful when downshifting in a car with a sequential gear box (Ferrari, Williams) as whenever I did so while turning would cause me to spin. I had to do my downshifts on the straights before I would begin to turn in.

Are you blipping? You need to blip manually
I've never blipped with a sequential before, only when I've driven a H-pattern. I'll try that next time I practice.
here is my fastest lap from quali
https://youtu.be/SUArtjHTJzk
Well, here's my qualifying effort from yesterday. Was fun H shiftin' but exhausting when pushing for too long Smile replay recording, so no clutch input recorded with AC

https://streamable.com/4fzagi
pretty good lap, the car looks way more planted than my car lol Smile
Don't know where I loose time, but probably only on braking and out of the corners lol
Almost the same setup for the race. I also had issues with rear end running away in those tight slow corners, not much warning on FFB either, but managed with diff preload tweaks and getting used to it. That's around my PB there and best I can do at this time.
(07-16-2020, 05:06 PM)Ethan Dean Wrote:  
(07-16-2020, 10:16 AM)Andrea Aru Wrote:  After yesterday I am not sure if I am good enough for this, even considered it was the first open wheeler race after more than a year of gt and dtm cars I spun so many times I lost count... Is it me or is it the setup? I spent two days working on aero and diff but it always felt like the car wanted to kill me! I mean, the best I could do was a 16 with Q tyres in practice, so I am so far off the pace it's not even racing! I really am not sure what to do... does anyone have a decent base setup to share? Or at least some ballpark values for the Williams or the Ferrari... I really like this series but I don't like being a moving chicane  Big Grin

Sure, why not. Slightly tweaked off the baseline, and that's the baseline baseline, not the setups that shipped in the ZIP. I didn't have time to go balls deep but it was drivable enough. Race had me on 60L and softs 

https://imgur.com/a/J0Vujf0
Many thanks mate, I will surely try it these days

(07-16-2020, 05:22 PM)Donnchadh MacGarry Wrote:  Try the setup Simon Meisinger put up in the setups thread. 
Did not browse the thread, will do! I'm going to spend some time comparing them and maybe work on mine. Thanks everyone, this thread is showing once more why SRS is great.
Those cars are much better around Imola than Okayama, in my opinion. Still twitchy, but in a fun way.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
My qualifying lap: https://youtu.be/QlMWbE9rUlQ

A really fun race last week. I dropped back at the end after a half spin but I think Ethan had it won anyway. I was really struggling with the setup and I still don't like how the car behaves in low speed corners but Simon's setup helped a lot. I guessed on doing a one stop as I had to choose between spending my time on setup or strategy but it worked okay as I was at the front and not held up behind anyone not stopping. The car seems a bit easier to drive at Imola so I look forward to this week's race.
Cars are a bit more fun here at Imola but still watch out for those treacherous slow Tossa hairpin and Aqua Minerale hahah
Can't manage any faster than 1:27 in race trim with the Brabham. It's a bit off on horsepower, and I certainly can't match semiautomatic cars' pace and even less in a constant pace fashion Sad Seems that those Williamses and Ferraris will be getting away with even more gap. Everything else is even more slower. But I hope my enthusiasm of just racing someone with these cars keeps on.
I did a 01:28:073 with low race fuel (30 liters) on C tires with the Brabham after just a few laps. But it feels like there's maybe even a second to gain at the chicane for me (it almost hurts as slow as I'm going through there).

I would be surprised if you couldn't manage a low 01:26.

Can't make this week's race though. Stupid real life …
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020