Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Formula 1991
Hoping to make the race, but California is burning again and our community is under an evacuation watch with car packed and ready to go, just waiting for the 5 lights to go out. Calfire helos have been able to go to work with the sunrise and its a great sound. 100 degrees and fighting fires and rolling blackouts, kinda puts this in perspective.
I do enjoy leaning on the tires in some of those turns, but blue flags are in my future I suspect. Gl today, it has been an interesting series.
Lets hope that only thing burning is gonna be some minardi engine Smile
(08-19-2020, 06:39 PM)Michal Ringes Wrote:  Lets hope that only thing burning is gonna be some minardi engine  Smile

You bet!
That could have been a perfect race for me. Consistent lap times in a comfortable 4th place, no mistakes, tires were good.

But then I lost the connection during my pitstop. And again after I rejoined the race. Damnit.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Congratulations on the championship Dominic! Very fast, convincing and stable racing and finishes through out the season. Even though Michal finds some crazy speeds with these cars. Very fortunate this race to miss you both on that little punt at the last corner and had the chance to lead the race for some laps.
To me this is still like on ice on low speeds since I managed to make a half spin, correcting left and right slowing to under 100 kmh, but there's just no weight on these cars.... ehhhh. The rule is you have to loose it. Had the same pace and same crap happening in practice several days ago so I said: Screw it, it's okay enough, I'm not touching this anymore until the race night haahhh
I did not get disconnected today which was good. However I made every mistake possible short of taking out the leader. Surprised of the 6th to be honest.

Congratulations, Dominic!
Thanks Filip and Stoyan. 

Not my best moment there hitting Michal (the leader). I was so far behind I was trying to practice a move for when I was near enough but locked up!

I enjoyed this season and in some races like today my car was a joy to drive. I think you have to use an unrealistic setup to get good handling so I would like some changes to the mod before racing it again. Thank you to all who raced and in particular Michal and Filip. Hopefully the 1 hour F1 races continue and personally I would love to see one of the RSS cars next.
Gratz to Dominic on the title an Filip on second, i was saving the damn engine(goin slowly as fuck Smile), especially when braking and downshifting into those slow corners, i wasnt expecting Dominic to try to overtake me like that and when i realized he is going for it it was too late to leave some extra room. Got some rear wing damage and the car became really oversteery, after that it was more like punishment to try not to spin the car in every corner Smile Later i also oversteered a bit entering pits and slightly touched the wall on the left, which i dont get i looked like iam just goin to be very close(the visibility is not so good when oculus is fogging up and full of sweat in those temps that are here now), but that slight touch had absurd consequence and spun me sideways infront of pitbox, there should have just been a bit of rubber on the wall and thats it lol. After pitstop i was just trying to get to the end somehow because it was pretty clear that iam not going to catch anyone Smile
Also thanks to everyone who participated in this, it was fun, good racing guys.
(08-19-2020, 08:45 PM)Dominic ORourke Wrote:  Hopefully the 1 hour F1 races continue and personally I would love to see one of the RSS cars next.

Agree and congrats on winning the championship!

And I'm glad you obviously didn't get evacuated Jim Big Grin
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Big Grin  Kept expecting my wife to tap me on the shoulder to beat feet.  Looks like we are going to have to clear out sometime today, but fingers crossed ?.  Grats to the top three, very impressive.