Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Formula 1991
damn Smile i knew minardi cant take full pace in race on monza, but i had to push after i lost it in first lap and had to wait and let everyone go by Smile but it was fun so i regret nothing Smile If the engine was a bit more sturdy could have been a good fight in the second half of the race Smile this can happen when not using a clutch with such cars and not being extremelly carefull.
How was the stability today and which tires did you guys use? Sounds like your car behaved as it should Michal.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
I got disconnected for the second time in a row - any ideas on how to prevent such issues? Both times I had ~35 ping and I just lost connection without any warning. I am new to SRS and I am wondering if this is a common occurrence?
yeah the car was pretty good till the engine exploded, after that not so good Smile no weird change in behaviour after few laps, just becoming faster as the fuel went down, soft tyre as last race and same setup only with lower wings
Low attendance today, which probably resulted in one of the cleanest F1 starts at Monza in both SRS and F1 history Smile

NO pace from me, which was obvious already at qualifying. Probably too much wings. Also started with more fuel so I can run longer on tyres. But acceleration and understeer was bad. Also, my feet wouldn't behave today anyway, so messed up many times on braking, locking up, missing gears on downshifting, picking up penalties for slight offs... Even without that, couldn't possibly beat those guys on their good day and today was no exception Smile

Luckily, no spins, no incidents, just cruising and that awesome screaming Ford sound hahah that's about 50% of my motivation already with the Benetton these last couple of races.

Here's a sample from race start:
https://streamable.com/5v7bv8

We're bringing that road rating up slowly and incident rating down in the books. Cool!
well if everyone leaves just a bit of extra room after start nothing can go wrong right ?Smile also i think mostly experienced pilots drive these so that helps also
(08-12-2020, 09:19 PM)Stoyan Geshev Wrote:  I got disconnected for the second time in a row - any ideas on how to prevent such issues? Both times I had ~35 ping and I just lost connection without any warning. I am new to SRS and I am wondering if this is a common occurrence?
I've seen race starts going on wrong because of server hickups. But people disappearing was for me a common view in a lot of races in any series I've been in. Not happened to me, though. I think not even once over a year and a half. I also saw Lucas lost connection in race today. Too bad, that could've been a good race between us there.
Like you said it could have been a great race between us and maybe even my first podium in the series. But as i crossed the start/finish line 10 minutes into the race the game suddenly crashed. Never happend to me like that before.
After I rejoined the UI was totally bugged. One App said i was running 5th in front of Tapani Vuorenpaa while the other said that I was in 8th position and constantly showing me a blue flag since he was close behind me. But "If in doubt, flat out" and luckily it turned out in the end that i was not getting lapped by him.

All in all still a good race
first practice on donington, seems like the absurdity of these cars is getting even more absurd lol
there is really something very broken deep inside, its like impossible to do a normal setup, gearing is kinda problematic, every other change has some kind of absurd effect
wings seem to not work at all, this track should be really high downforce but yet i did fastest lap with wings lower than monza, you make changes that should make the car willing to turn more into corner but you get more understeer, you increase front wing you get more understeer, low speed behaviour is just random erratic mix of understeer and oversteer, i guess iam doing something wrong lol
I like those cars around Donington. The behavior in the tight corners is a sensible but manageable oversteer while the faster corners are the same with understeer.

But yes, the aero effects are absurd. I have my wings at 5-3, not to get more top speed but because the car behaves better in the corners with low wings. Even though common sense tells you to set them to the maximum here.

And I'm prepared to switch to B tires after 15 minutes, if the C tires start to act weird again.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020