Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VR help?
First time using SRS and I am a little lost.  

"join" came up on the app.  I dont hit join, I go to the launch options and copy down the server. Launch ams2 thru steam with steam vr open. Go to server list and see server.  First one does not work stating incorrect password? exit ams2 and copy paste second one, does not work with same message.  

I then launch the game using the join button to see which server it is sending me to and its the second one. cancel the launch and then try the second server and now I dont see the server at all.

What have I done wrong?
I think we can expect some things to go somewhere similar at this early point. Could you join qualify?

The recommendation was to launch it from the app, mostly mine went as described however I ended up joining manually.

Also which headset you are using? I imagine it is not oculus
I'm using the index.

If I join from the app its launching the game outside of steamvr which is why I think I am supposed to join it thru the launch options.

I'm just wondering if I did something wrong or it seems to be a server error

On a side note, how do you tell what server you are being assigned to?
I'm not sure if this helps, but I tried several of the server addresses until one finally worked. I don't think that's the most efficient way, but it worked for me. Then I launched through my Oculus app.
I tried them all over and over again and had no such luck.

so my proxeduure is:
open ams2 srs app.
register for race.
when join comes u, not to click it.
open steam vr.
change launch options to server.
open ams2
go to server browers and the first server should be SRS
click join and get a message saying can not connect for invalid password.
the 2nd server wasn't working
Thank you!
So going to try another race to see what happens mate? Good luck
Same issue today. But on first place i see this server (https://i.imgur.com/okHYFzO.png), and got this error after trying to connect (https://i.imgur.com/92L5K3J.png). I tried all server addresses and launched according to instructions for VR and no-VR.
Using an oculus, and want to this week. So If I am understanding I launch the SRS app, click join, then open oculus app, and launch from there?? Then find said server(s) and connect?

Sorry if I am being redundant, or annoying. LOL!

Is there a way to set up something in a command line so it just launches straight to vr from srs?? -vr

-Jeff