Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
I'd like to say you thanks. Williams FW31
(06-30-2020, 05:51 PM)Donnchadh MacGarry Wrote:  
(06-30-2020, 04:28 PM)Dominic ORourke Wrote:  I'm having a fight with the car setup this week trying to find something fast and stable. Has anyone got anything they don't mind sharing?
I got new internet a few days ago and it no longer throttles the speed in the evening, so I finally can do these races. I've been practicing a bunch the last few days, the car is certainly more difficult the the F3 Dallara. 

I don't know much about setups, but out of the ones on here I found you Kylami setup pretty good. For me I found using that with a wing setup of FW=14 and RW=5 is giving me the best results in terms of speed, consistency and car balance. I struggle with S2 if the wings are any lower where I both loose more time than I would gain in S1 and S3 and I am also more likely to spin. This gets even worse after a few laps when the tyres begin to loose grip, as I begin to get very sudden oversteer on the medium speed corners (I find Campus a real killer). I don't think the car bottoms out on Eau Rouge / Radillion, and I didn't change the suspension heights from yours. I extended the 7th gear slightly too (by one click I think) and I had i changed the final drive ratio to 62/10 but I'm not sure why I bothered to change the ratio. I don't reach the limiter in practice, but I wanted some room for the extra speed potential for drafting (not sure if I have enough/too much though).

I'm not as fast or consistent as you nor do I know as much on setups so I'm sure you'll take what I say with a pinch of salt, but I hope it helps as your setup has certainly helped me so thanks.

Also may I ask, is it clear if a one stopper or a two stopper is better. I don't think I'm consistent enough to make a one stopper work but if its obviously better then I might try. 

Thanks for the ideas and I'm glad my setup has helped you. I'm on 23 and 6 for the wings at the moment because I lose balance when I drop the rear more and lose too much time in S2 when I lower the front to balance it.

2 stops has been faster in the last races and I don't see why that would be different this time. For anyone looking for how to easily compare 1 and 2 stops: work out how much time you lose by making an extra stop, then calculate the number of laps you expect there to be in the race, from this calculate how much faster you need to be each lap to make up for an extra stop.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'd like to say you thanks. Williams FW31 - by Dominic ORourke - 06-30-2020, 08:36 PM