Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
I'd like to say you thanks. Williams FW31
I would like to thank you publicly for having finally satisfied us. The 1 hour F1 race is a dream come true for me and many of us who asked for it. Sure, it will involve a lot of training work, but I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun. Thanks thanks thanks!!!
I just hope, for your sake, that this series goes better than the previous F1 races did... Big Grin
At least there will be an hour to recover from the early damage. Wink
⌈ zerøbandwidth autosports ⌋
https://twitch.tv/zer0bandwidth
https://youtube.com/c/zerobandwidth
The Lotus 98T and 1991 season series went pretty good.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Have you seen yesterday's start after t1? aka the recreation of the famous f1 spa massacre Smile today it looked much cleaner tho Smile
Also i think these old f1 atract better drivers in general than those modern f1, so i also expect pretty much half the field banned after every 1 hour race lol Smile
oh, didn't see that, no Big Grin

I just took the FW31 for a first ride. My left front tire is overheated after just one lap (all compounds) and sidekick tells me that the pressure is about 4 psi too high. But the car feels just fine. Does this happen to you guys as well?

The tank is big enough for the whole race distance and the hard tires should hold out long enough too, maybe even the mediums. Will be interesting to see how many people will make a pit stop (I'm still undecided).
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
i will not try FW31 , at current driving standarts last months , too risky, and big probability of to be crashed out , tryed fwe times modern F1 and in all races big incidents rate , but hoping in Ferrari F40 in which expect more clean racing
I hope that the long distance will put off most Wannabe-Sennas and those who do join the race get a suspension and won't try a second time Smile
(05-30-2020, 08:21 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  oh, didn't see that, no Big Grin

I just took the FW31 for a first ride. My left front tire is overheated after just one lap (all compounds) and sidekick tells me that the pressure is about  4 psi too high. But the car feels just fine. Does this happen to you guys as well?

The tank is big enough for the whole race distance and the hard tires should hold out long enough too, maybe even the mediums. Will be interesting to see how many people will make a pit stop (I'm still undecided).

I've just did a shot 10 lap stint, and for me it's probably going to be with a stop. Fuel is just barely enough (it predicts that full tank will be enough for 1h 3min, I'm at 3.7 L/lap), but I don't see the tires lasting entire race. I was on the mediums and after 10 laps they were down to 30-ish %. And that's at the very slow pace - I'm doing high 34s and low 35s at the moment.

I don't have a problem with overheating, but I do with the pressures on the left side. At almost default setup (for now I've added 2 clicks on the front wing and moved brake bias to 57), they're +4 and +3. The temps are fine for now. Front left is a bit warmer (~105), but it feels fine, others around 100. On the other hand, somebody more capable will probably go (a lot) faster so they'll put more temp into them.
Yes, now that I picked up some pace (01:34:xxx with the mediums), fuel is a bit tighter.

I just did 35 laps and the mediums and the hards were both done after around 15 laps, which I find very weird. But they stay driveable when they're done.
I might have to try this one. I don't normaly like the open wheel cars as they are too fast for me, but in an hour race that might be ok.

Will just have to keep my eyes open for you lot as you lap me.