Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
I'd like to say you thanks. Williams FW31
(06-30-2020, 04:28 PM)Dominic ORourke Wrote:  I'm having a fight with the car setup this week trying to find something fast and stable. Has anyone got anything they don't mind sharing?
I got new internet a few days ago and it no longer throttles the speed in the evening, so I finally can do these races. I've been practicing a bunch the last few days, the car is certainly more difficult the the F3 Dallara. 

I don't know much about setups, but out of the ones on here I found you Kylami setup pretty good. For me I found using that with a wing setup of FW=14 and RW=5 is giving me the best results in terms of speed, consistency and car balance. I struggle with S2 if the wings are any lower where I both loose more time than I would gain in S1 and S3 and I am also more likely to spin. This gets even worse after a few laps when the tyres begin to loose grip, as I begin to get very sudden oversteer on the medium speed corners (I find Campus a real killer). I don't think the car bottoms out on Eau Rouge / Radillion, and I didn't change the suspension heights from yours. I extended the 7th gear slightly too (by one click I think) and I had i changed the final drive ratio to 62/10 but I'm not sure why I bothered to change the ratio. I don't reach the limiter in practice, but I wanted some room for the extra speed potential for drafting (not sure if I have enough/too much though).

I'm not as fast or consistent as you nor do I know as much on setups so I'm sure you'll take what I say with a pinch of salt, but I hope it helps as your setup has certainly helped me so thanks.

Also may I ask, is it clear if a one stopper or a two stopper is better. I don't think I'm consistent enough to make a one stopper work but if its obviously better then I might try. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'd like to say you thanks. Williams FW31 - by Donnchadh MacGarry - 06-30-2020, 05:51 PM