Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
I'd like to say you thanks. Williams FW31
(06-11-2020, 10:56 AM)Dominic ORourke Wrote:  Another fun race and different strategies at the front made it interesting. I had a couple of spins which cost me the chance to fight but I think I probably would have ended up third anyway. Still getting used to hour long races! My tires were dropping off at the end and I had a gap so I decided to pit and get an easy fastest lap.

Very good drive from Aldo and I thought Marco's recovery after the first lap was phenomenal. Also a shout out to everyone further down because everyone I came up to saw the blue flags and was very courteous.

Here's my lap from qualifying: https://youtu.be/wf3aV9iGw4c
Thank you for the phenomenal! :-)

(06-17-2020, 09:15 PM)Dominic ORourke Wrote:  Too many mistakes from me this time. I learned that a setup that feels stable in practice might not feel the same if I get excited in a race. A couple of spins under acceleration cost me today. Still could have been a close finish but I made a mistake when we came up to lap someone.

I have to say I am starting to think Marco is a robot! 3 hour long races without any major mistakes is very impressive to me and it was a very well deserved victory.

I am slightly unsure if I should post my setup. It might help people but I feel if people blindly use it they have not learned anything. My wings were the same as Watkins Glen but I adjusted the suspension for the low speed corners at Spielberg.

Hi Dominic. This time actually, having seen that you were about 5 tenths of a lap faster than me, I just tried to keep the position. Then, seeing that I could get something more, I pushed in the laps following your stop and I found myself close. Having a low drag setup, I suffered over the lap time, but once in the wake I knew I would have a chance. Without mistakes you would have won, you had an exceptional speed. I knew that the first race had been only a small defaillance, and that you would recover. I ran with 10-5 wings
See you this evening. (in fact I am also surprised that I haven't made any mistakes so far, crazy) Congratulations also to Simon, so far he hasn't even had an accident. It's not just luck ...

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'd like to say you thanks. Williams FW31 - by Marco Monitto - 06-24-2020, 07:39 AM