Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
I'd like to say you thanks. Williams FW31
(05-30-2020, 08:21 PM)SimonĀ Meisinger Wrote:  oh, didn't see that, no Big Grin

I just took the FW31 for a first ride. My left front tire is overheated after just one lap (all compounds) and sidekick tells me that the pressure is aboutĀ  4 psi too high. But the car feels just fine. Does this happen to you guys as well?

The tank is big enough for the whole race distance and the hard tires should hold out long enough too, maybe even the mediums. Will be interesting to see how many people will make a pit stop (I'm still undecided).

I've just did a shot 10 lap stint, and for me it's probably going to be with a stop. Fuel is just barely enough (it predicts that full tank will be enough for 1h 3min, I'm at 3.7 L/lap), but I don't see the tires lasting entire race. I was on the mediums and after 10 laps they were down to 30-ish %. And that's at the very slow pace - I'm doing high 34s and low 35s at the moment.

I don't have a problem with overheating, but I do with the pressures on the left side. At almost default setup (for now I've added 2 clicks on the front wing and moved brake bias to 57), they're +4 and +3. The temps are fine for now. Front left is a bit warmer (~105), but it feels fine, others around 100. On the other hand, somebody more capable will probably go (a lot) faster so they'll put more temp into them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'd like to say you thanks. Williams FW31 - by Igor Relja - 05-31-2020, 12:23 PM