Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
I'd like to say you thanks. Williams FW31
I accept Aldo’s apologies. We was on the same discord, and we are from the same city. He emulates Grosjean on 2012 start :lol
Before of all, Congratulations to Dominic, it would have been a beautiful and uncertain race until the end I think. Unfortunately Simon also suffered the end of the world at the start
My race started badly. Unfortunately I was hit hard and unexpectedly from behind by Aldo, and due to the heavy damage I had to press esc and start again. I lose 60 seconds of time. I do not give up and start to reassemble, having a race pace on 46.5
Fortunately, the choice of aero set-up (wings 0-0) allowed me to overtake anyone without problems, even though I lost a lot in the central sector (my top speed was 345 km / h).
The championship could have been much more beautiful and fought on the track if we hadn't had these stupid accidents every holy race. I don't understand how it can always, despite the constant warnings, create havoc already within the first 500 meters of the race. I have no words.
The only real race so far that Domninic and I could play was in Austria. For the rest, either me or him, accidents in the first corner. What a shame!
Anyway, see you in Germany. Bye!
Thank you Marco. It was a strange feeling for me because I really wanted to win a race in the F1 car, but when I did it was not how I imagined. What I take a lot of satisfaction from is that from my side I drove my best race yet with no mistakes. The only issues I had were someone trying to let me through in the middle of Eau Rouge, and someone spinning in front of me at Stavelot. After the first lap I saw the situation and took it a bit easy which helped me find a rhythm for the race.

I don't know how I would have raced Marco having tried his setup. I am convinced my setup was faster (for me) but with a huge top speed difference it would have been very difficult to fight. On to the next race and hopefully a clean first lap.
Its really intresting that that many kinds of setups work on this track. 0/0 of marco, more downforce with dominic, I tried something medium. I lost a lot of time when tring to go through the field but not being able to overtake since I lacked top speed (307km/h) topspeed. I was so slow on straights that when a 0/0 guy behind me had less than 1.5 seconds gap after T1 he would have overtaken me. but then they lost 2 seconds in Sector 2 with no place to pass ... This again reminded me that a godd quali setup is not a good race setup.
So see you in Germany and lets have a good battle for P2 in the Championhsip Dominic. I guess Marco is too far ahead with 13 points that we can do anything there...
I’ve just added my setup on the discussion setup. Try it!
(07-02-2020, 05:26 PM)Marco Monitto Wrote:  I’ve just added my setup on the discussion setup. Try it!
I just spent some time with your setup and I have to say its awesome. In the race my fastest lap has a 1:47.35 and I'm estimating I averaged about 1:47.9 (possibly being kind to myself but it was about that in practice). Once I got used to the no wing and could lap consistently (took a while but I got there), I tried a twelve lap stint on softs like in the race. Fastest lap was 1:46.35 and averaged 1:46.9 (that one was actually calculated). So I can pretty much say I'm 1 second faster with it. Good stuff.
(07-03-2020, 12:34 AM)Donnchadh MacGarry Wrote:  
(07-02-2020, 05:26 PM)Marco Monitto Wrote:  I’ve just added my setup on the discussion setup. Try it!
I just spent some time with your setup and I have to say its awesome. In the race my fastest lap has a 1:47.35 and I'm estimating I averaged about 1:47.9 (possibly being kind to myself but it was about that in practice). Once I got used to the no wing and could lap consistently (took a while but I got there), I tried a twelve lap stint on softs like in the race. Fastest lap was 1:46.35 and averaged 1:46.9 (that one was actually calculated). So I can pretty much say I'm 1 second faster with it. Good stuff.
People don’t try strange things normally. I’m a little crazy, so I always start a setup from lower wings. I stay focused on certain corners. If I’m satisfied I stay with the lower wings as possible. In the race this is a winning key, because no one can pass you, specially in SPA, if you are 40 km/h faster on the straight...
I also had really good results trying such ridicoulus wing settings at Monza, I'm glad that it's not just me because I was really questioning myself Big Grin

How are you guys doing on Nürburging? I feel a bit uncomfortable with this combination for some reason. My laptimes are 01:35/36 on mediums but it feels like I could go at least 3 seconds faster if I just knew how. It's either way to much oversteer or understeer, I can't find a middle ground.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Okay nevermind, all those beers the day before were the reason  Shy

Now I'm at 01:33:xxx in race trim and 01:31:392 in qualifying trim (which would have been 2nd place in qualifying that year).
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(07-03-2020, 02:40 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  Okay nevermind, all those beers the day before were the reason  Shy

Now I'm at 01:33:xxx in race trim and 01:31:392 in qualifying trim (which would have been 2nd place in qualifying that year).
I watched the 2009 German F1 race as preparation Wink this were funny times with refulling and starting the race with youre quali fuel. So not to disapoint you should be a bit faster in our quali Wink

So to give my feedback to this series so far: The best decision ever was to do the races 1 hour long! This takes away the tension at the start, gived you more time in quali, rewards people who prepare a lot, is more like real life, and finaly awards people how are fast without mistakes. Most importantly the field behaves a lot better than on short 20 minute raes where everybody thinks he can win with a lucky lap 1. Now the top guys showed that you can even come back to the podium from last place.
Also I find this 2009 car is way nicer to drive than the 2018 cars (I mainly had problems under throttle and I guess this due to the automatic engergy deployment) and with KERS this added a nice tactical side as well.
In my opinion all the following F1 races should be 1 hour long alone because of the interesting startegy!