Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
I'd like to say you thanks. Williams FW31
(06-25-2020, 12:56 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  oh, you guys make me blush Big Grin

Very good video Dominic! Really demonstrates how actual racing works. Quite on par with the "Surviving Rookies" series.

I'm afraid that people who don't bother to practice for a race or to be patient for the first few laps can be motivated by something "lame" as a sportsmanship trophy though …

I'll throw my idea of a "trusted racers" category in the room again (https://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=7307) and again my idea for a mandatory practice (~10 valid laps on a practice server) for certain series.

And some good news: one of my protests from yesterday resulted in a permanent ban Smile
Where do you see that is a permanent ban? What the hell him made to receive permanent ban ??
I got a reply this afternoon from SRS with the outcome of one of my protests – less than 24 hours, my quickest protest result I think.

I protested somebody you were really close during the race, if you know what I mean ;-)
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(06-25-2020, 03:16 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  I got a reply this afternoon from SRS with the outcome of one of my protests – less than 24 hours, my quickest protest result I think.

I protested somebody you were really close during the race, if you know what I mean ;-)
Oh, yes i know...
5 seconds before i was talking good of you in my mind... than the genius :lol
This was the first time I really felt I had a good pace in the race with doing setup for a 2 stop and not sticking to a one stopper with got me lapped last race in Spielberg xD
Then when marco was thrown out by the lapped car I was just 2 seconds in front of him and felt like I had the pace to win just to read now that you had massive aero damage Big Grin Marco tried an undercut with pitting like 4 laps ealier and I was pushing like crazy and spun in the second last corner just before the pit entry (maybe I was lucky so I could repair aero immediately - my first incident in this series) was coming out behind marco like 2 seconds but he was pulling away again a half a second to a second a lap... just to see that dominic was back in the race batteling for p3. Cool race guys I finaly think I somehow understand how to manage acceleration of the car see you in spa!
I'm having a fight with the car setup this week trying to find something fast and stable. Has anyone got anything they don't mind sharing?
(06-30-2020, 04:28 PM)Dominic ORourke Wrote:  I'm having a fight with the car setup this week trying to find something fast and stable. Has anyone got anything they don't mind sharing?
I got new internet a few days ago and it no longer throttles the speed in the evening, so I finally can do these races. I've been practicing a bunch the last few days, the car is certainly more difficult the the F3 Dallara. 

I don't know much about setups, but out of the ones on here I found you Kylami setup pretty good. For me I found using that with a wing setup of FW=14 and RW=5 is giving me the best results in terms of speed, consistency and car balance. I struggle with S2 if the wings are any lower where I both loose more time than I would gain in S1 and S3 and I am also more likely to spin. This gets even worse after a few laps when the tyres begin to loose grip, as I begin to get very sudden oversteer on the medium speed corners (I find Campus a real killer). I don't think the car bottoms out on Eau Rouge / Radillion, and I didn't change the suspension heights from yours. I extended the 7th gear slightly too (by one click I think) and I had i changed the final drive ratio to 62/10 but I'm not sure why I bothered to change the ratio. I don't reach the limiter in practice, but I wanted some room for the extra speed potential for drafting (not sure if I have enough/too much though).

I'm not as fast or consistent as you nor do I know as much on setups so I'm sure you'll take what I say with a pinch of salt, but I hope it helps as your setup has certainly helped me so thanks.

Also may I ask, is it clear if a one stopper or a two stopper is better. I don't think I'm consistent enough to make a one stopper work but if its obviously better then I might try. 
(06-30-2020, 05:51 PM)Donnchadh MacGarry Wrote:  
(06-30-2020, 04:28 PM)Dominic ORourke Wrote:  I'm having a fight with the car setup this week trying to find something fast and stable. Has anyone got anything they don't mind sharing?
I got new internet a few days ago and it no longer throttles the speed in the evening, so I finally can do these races. I've been practicing a bunch the last few days, the car is certainly more difficult the the F3 Dallara. 

I don't know much about setups, but out of the ones on here I found you Kylami setup pretty good. For me I found using that with a wing setup of FW=14 and RW=5 is giving me the best results in terms of speed, consistency and car balance. I struggle with S2 if the wings are any lower where I both loose more time than I would gain in S1 and S3 and I am also more likely to spin. This gets even worse after a few laps when the tyres begin to loose grip, as I begin to get very sudden oversteer on the medium speed corners (I find Campus a real killer). I don't think the car bottoms out on Eau Rouge / Radillion, and I didn't change the suspension heights from yours. I extended the 7th gear slightly too (by one click I think) and I had i changed the final drive ratio to 62/10 but I'm not sure why I bothered to change the ratio. I don't reach the limiter in practice, but I wanted some room for the extra speed potential for drafting (not sure if I have enough/too much though).

I'm not as fast or consistent as you nor do I know as much on setups so I'm sure you'll take what I say with a pinch of salt, but I hope it helps as your setup has certainly helped me so thanks.

Also may I ask, is it clear if a one stopper or a two stopper is better. I don't think I'm consistent enough to make a one stopper work but if its obviously better then I might try. 

Thanks for the ideas and I'm glad my setup has helped you. I'm on 23 and 6 for the wings at the moment because I lose balance when I drop the rear more and lose too much time in S2 when I lower the front to balance it.

2 stops has been faster in the last races and I don't see why that would be different this time. For anyone looking for how to easily compare 1 and 2 stops: work out how much time you lose by making an extra stop, then calculate the number of laps you expect there to be in the race, from this calculate how much faster you need to be each lap to make up for an extra stop.
I tried both of youre wing settings and I cannot drive those low rear wings xD
Does somebody have the replay file of the start? ... cannot believe what happened there
I apologize for the bad start and the accident caused by me I had a leg cramp.