Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIX for screen locking/flashing with SRS Skin and CSP
(05-27-2020, 05:03 AM)Pasha Paterson Wrote:  
(05-26-2020, 05:57 PM)Martin Smith Wrote:  EDIT: Actually this ^^^ makes no sense. Why aren't I getting all the skins?

There are a lot of reasons that someone's skin won't load, but the most common are:
  • The skin is >10MB and SRS Skin refused to upload it.
  • The player is using a skin with a name that doesn't match their own. (e.g. some other skin downloaded form RaceDepartment which they did not rename)
  • The SRS Skin app "gave up" on them before their upload was complete.
  • The player logged in to the server and began their skin upload after your app already downloaded everyone else's and believed it was finished.
None of these are bugs; in each case the app is functioning as designed.
No, the skins are in the broadcast but not on my HD, even after competing against the same people with the same skins several times.

One particularly odd thing is those people whose skins I'm missing show up on my side with some default skin or another, instead of being all white as you expect with an unrecognized skin. It's as if my system thinks those guys are running default skins, when they're clearly not. But I do get *some* skins. Tatuus seems the worst for this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: FIX for screen locking/flashing with SRS Skin and CSP - by Martin Smith - 05-27-2020, 05:20 PM