Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tatuus FA01 - F1 1995 Liveries Timelapse
(05-23-2020, 01:56 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Very cool! It looks like you've landed in the same place as me for a lot of the stencil use. I've tried a couple of cars where I did the "bring camera capture over to Photoshop and then have it create a stencil at that camera location" method and I end up just hating the weird back and forth. You seem to get better results out of it, especially for replicating real world liveries.

This is what it looks like when a professional 3D artist does car liveries, folks. Big Grin

p.s. I made a much more basic French Curve stencil, but these are particularly useful looking. I think I'll recreate a few of these myself!

[Image: Lz6I1Vn.png]

I know what you mean, but it´s just practice and kinda know the software limitations. Mudbox is a nice tool but miss a lot of features to make it really confortable. But with time you can make it more suited to the task.
By the way, those stencils are cutom made from a few pics i took from my own old school design assets. The idea on the video was to show that you can make your own with Illustrator, CorelDraw or any other vector graphic software. But those really work well for most use cases but non the less you will need always some specific ones.
No need to replicate those if you like I will for sure share it. I´ll add the link to the assets in the video description.

Ill upload later the other ones later as they are not always the same and maybe usefull to see those little differences in the way you can approach painting.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tatuus FA01 - F1 1995 Liveries Timelapse - by Leandro Giorni - 05-23-2020, 02:09 PM