Sim Racing System
Tatuus FA01 - F1 1995 Liveries Timelapse - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Paint Shop (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: Tatuus FA01 - F1 1995 Liveries Timelapse (/showthread.php?tid=8622)

Pages: 1 2

Tatuus FA01 - F1 1995 Liveries Timelapse - Leandro Giorni - 05-23-2020

Hi, this post will be to post timelapse videos on how I approach on making the F1 1995 Liveries for the Tatuus cars.

First one will be the Benetton Renault 195

[Image: hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEZCPYBEIoBSFXyq4...NY6w1jBgVQ]

CLICK HERE>>>AC Skin Timelapse<<< CLICK HERE

Hope you like it, comment if you have something specific you want to know!

RE: Tatuus FA01 - F1 1995 Liveries Timelapse - Russell Sobie - 05-23-2020

Until someone fixes these Forums, you should post a direct URL link to your video... otherwise, the only way someone is going to be able to find it is by quoting your post (or looking at the HTML on this page). Here's the link:

CLICK HERE>>> https://youtu.be/PvNdxdR6S-c <<< CLICK HERE

RE: Tatuus FA01 - F1 1995 Liveries Timelapse - Leandro Giorni - 05-23-2020

Yeah, maybe that will do! Videos for whatever reason are not showing up in my browser also!

THanks Russell!

Very cool! It looks like you've landed in the same place as me for a lot of the stencil use. I've tried a couple of cars where I did the "bring camera capture over to Photoshop and then have it create a stencil at that camera location" method and I end up just hating the weird back and forth. You seem to get better results out of it, especially for replicating real world liveries.

This is what it looks like when a professional 3D artist does car liveries, folks. Big Grin

p.s. I made a much more basic French Curve stencil, but these are particularly useful looking. I think I'll recreate a few of these myself!

[Image: Lz6I1Vn.png]

(05-23-2020, 01:56 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Very cool! It looks like you've landed in the same place as me for a lot of the stencil use. I've tried a couple of cars where I did the "bring camera capture over to Photoshop and then have it create a stencil at that camera location" method and I end up just hating the weird back and forth. You seem to get better results out of it, especially for replicating real world liveries.

This is what it looks like when a professional 3D artist does car liveries, folks. Big Grin

p.s. I made a much more basic French Curve stencil, but these are particularly useful looking. I think I'll recreate a few of these myself!

[Image: Lz6I1Vn.png]

I know what you mean, but it´s just practice and kinda know the software limitations. Mudbox is a nice tool but miss a lot of features to make it really confortable. But with time you can make it more suited to the task.
By the way, those stencils are cutom made from a few pics i took from my own old school design assets. The idea on the video was to show that you can make your own with Illustrator, CorelDraw or any other vector graphic software. But those really work well for most use cases but non the less you will need always some specific ones.
No need to replicate those if you like I will for sure share it. I´ll add the link to the assets in the video description.

Ill upload later the other ones later as they are not always the same and maybe usefull to see those little differences in the way you can approach painting.

Hrmm... I get an error when I try to download your stencils. Meanwhile, I've been cooking up my own from a few free vector sites I found. I zipped them all up and attached them to this post. Maybe we should make a "stencils thread". Big Grin

Sure, everything helps to make life easier and to get more people into skinning!  (I'll check that link an add it here)

RE: Tatuus FA01 - F1 1995 Liveries Timelapse - Leandro Giorni - 05-24-2020

Now is the turn for the Simtek Ford S951

[Image: hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEZCPYBEIoBSFXyq4...6-jnklrdvg]

CLICK HERE>>>AC Skin Timelapse<<< CLICK HERE

RE: Tatuus FA01 - F1 1995 Liveries Timelapse - Russell Sobie - 05-24-2020

Aaaguh... the first 7.5 minutes of that video is me having flashbacks to my youth tracing shitty scans of company logos for a t-shirt company I worked for. Companies wanting their logo on a softball league jersey but can't find a good sized logo for me to start with so I end up scanning their letter head or something and get this blurry mess then having to trace it in CorelDRAW for 3 hours (computers were slow back in the 1900s, mind).

I hope you find using the Pen Tool soothing or something because there's no way I could spend that time replicating logos that's will be that small on a car that goes 200kph+ on the regular. Big Grin

By the way, that link to your dropbox stencils still doesn't work for me. Maybe the user has to have Dropbox installed or something (I switched to Google Drive about a year ago)?

RE: Tatuus FA01 - F1 1995 Liveries Timelapse - Leandro Giorni - 05-24-2020

LOL , Totally.
I'm a graphic designer but never got to do such work for stamping on a daily basis, fortunatelly.
It took a few minutes, not that bad, but a few hours if you do count the ammount of decals I worked on since I started all those old liveries. But is a nice way to relax and do something enjoyiable. So later if there is room to go 4k textures in AM2 or ACC or any new simulator, I got it right here just to use it. Big Grin

I uploaded the resources here also in one of the posts, but I will check what could be the problem. I move them to GDrive also ... for sharing you need Dropbox Pro! (that's a no go for me)

This week I will start workng again in the ones that are left so maybe I could finish them all by the end of the week. (Im going to release later a pack with custom good year tyres and rims) but that will take me a little bit more, maybe 2 weeks.