Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Love & Hate
Spinning and off track excursions don't count unless you hit something, which given the close proximity of the barriers is likely. Lets face it in real life racing if you hit the barriers you would likely be out of the race.

This isn't the only track with this problem there is also Montreal, Monte Carlo and even Circuit de la Sarthe.

The trick is to make sure you drive within your ability as there is no margin for error. Had you driven slower and been doing clean 12 minute laps you would have ended the race with 120 more points, and had you come last, which is unlikely as people always drop out, it might have been 115 points.

It is a hard track as you need to be concentrating all the time and there is a lot of it to learn, but take your time, practice and you will get there.
(05-02-2020, 05:45 PM)Gergely Mate Wrote:  
(04-28-2020, 11:34 AM)Tim Cullingworth Wrote:  Yesterday in the top server there were a total of 130 ( one hundred and thirty ) incidents, that's for 21 drivers.  That was the lowest for any of the four servers with the total for all four servers at 757 incidents, with one driver, in server 4, managing 70 incidents Confused   In fact out of the 76 drivers 27 of them would have been better off not racing, as they ended up with negative point scores.
I think the system shouldn't count spin-offs/track leaves without actual collision, its just straight up dumb. Scored 40 incidents when actually involved in 3,  just because im bad at the track. So, personally, no Nordschleife for me any more.

But it doesn't. It counts only contacts big enough to cause damage. And the damage is at 60%. I've had bunch of close situations with light brushes where the damage indicator would just flash without changing color and neither of us got incident.

Regarding Nordschleife, yup love and hate perfectly sums it up. Love to hotlap it, even race with the AI, but racing online in competitive environment is out of the question for me, at least for now. It's just too long and too unforgiving. Even if you don't make a mistake and bin it yourself, somebody else will take you out. And if you don't get involved in anything, chances are that because of its length, you'll end up hotlapping it alone anyway in second or third lap. Sure, it often happens in other 1h races too, but there you lose/gain half of second or a second per lap, and you can hope that you'll turn it around or capitalize on other's mistakes, not 10 on N. That being said, races this season look a bit closer, at least judging by the times.
Quote:just because im bad at the track

then please don't join a race when you're "not good" at a certain track
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
^^^This. Somehow I've missed it in my post. If you're going off and hitting the wall, the car is probably not under your control and you're a danger to the others. Being good or bad at track should result only in slower or faster laps, not in the number of times you go off. And even that "slower" should be up to a point where you don't endanger much faster drivers.

And to be clear, this "you" is a more of general you, I'm not talking about Gergely specifically.
Even if you are hotlapping on your own, there is always the chance the guys in front do some mistakes, and mistakes at Nords mostly punish you harshly - so the chance of catching up is always there - as long as you dont do mistakes on your own.

My most driven track in AC by miles, just love the sense of speed you get in VR, everything is so close and narrow - and you have to drive sensibly, no point going lightspeed, and then losing it, or going for risky overtakes, just to touch a curb and get thrown off corse and bin it - risk and reward plays a big part here.

Done all the Hotlap Challenges on Nords, it's a good exercise to really get to know the track, start with slower cars, work your way up - and then learn how to behave with lots of cars around you when you go online, the real enemy though is the track!
Leave room for faster guys, try to drive predictably, drive within your limits, and be patient. Most of the time, if you come up on slower cars, they will make a mistake and the overtake can be done in a "safe" way, without risking both the cars race.

Looking forward to next weeks Asia DTM bonanza!
When drivers are good Ring races are the best.
It's been a while since this race happened, but i remember it as one of my best experiences on SRS so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8TGjcP2p9I&t=4182s