Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skinning the DTM90's cars
Question 
Hi there, i am trying to skin the DTM90's cars but i can't get it working the normal way. Do you have any tips in how to skin this car?
i think you have to be a bit more specific. what is it thats not working?
There are only two layers in the PSD, the car and the wire frame. When painting on top of the car layer I don't see the actual graphics when converting it to dds.
Which software are you using?

How are you converting it to DDS?

How are you looking at the DDS to see whether it worked?
Hi, Janne. I know the question isn't directed to me, but you should check out these tutorials Michael and Russel made. They show both 2D and 3D painting. Helped me when I was starting, especially 3D part.
(04-26-2020, 10:35 PM)Hugo Hekkenberg Wrote:  There are only two layers in the PSD, the car and the wire frame. When painting on top of the car layer I don't see the actual graphics when converting it to dds.
After actually opening up the skin psd thats available in the dev folder of AC it does appear to be something wrong with it, because when i paint and save it as psd to check it in CM nothing happens, just a black car BUT if you create a new file in photoshop and save it as skin.psd in the same folder the paint appears like it should so something is weird with the dev skin.psd.

so just create a new one in 2048x2048 and save it as skin.psd and it should work.
My guess is that there's an alpha channel that's done incorrectly. If I get a chance today I can look at it. Which car exactly are we talking about? I don't remember having any issues painting the Alfa Rameo in that class... but I also make my own "tempaltes". Smile
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(04-27-2020, 04:11 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  My guess is that there's an alpha channel that's done incorrectly. If I get a chance today I can look at it. Which car exactly are we talking about? I don't remember having any issues painting the Alfa Rameo in that class... but I also make my own "tempaltes". Smile
its the mercedes 190 evo2. i rarely use the dev templates and just generate wire and ao from cm. never had any problems with the alfa or bmw dtm cars either but like i said when i made my own file it worked fine so its possible its like you said that its some alpha layer thats doing something.
I didn't have any problems with the Merc starting from the Kunos template PSD file with Gimp (and converting to DDS via a PNG because Gimp complains about something when trying to convert to DDS directly).
saving the PSD as DDS was not a problem but saving the PSD and then using the PSD to preview the car in CM was the problem, the car would just end up completely black.
at least that I assume is Hugo's problem.