Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's Go Caterham Racing With AussieStig
[Image: AussieStig%20Caterham.png?raw=1]
Hoping to see full houses with this awesome new series. It should be super competitive and the 6 circuits we have this series should provide some good close racing. Thanks to Shaun Clarke and a special thanks to Michael Martin from Plank Liveries for his awesome work on my latest skin.  Cheers, AussieStig

FIXED SET UPS - 20 MINUTE RACES

Round 1 = Brands Hatch GP
Round 2 = Vallelunga Classic
Round 3 = Nurburgring GT Sprint Straight Chicane
Round 4 = Silverstone National
Round 5 = Okayama Piper Layout
Round 6 = Watkins Glen Short
Nice clean racing in split 1 guys, thanks for joining in, same time next week then, cheers, AussieStig
Is the RHD version down on power compared to the LHD version? There were people who could barely keep their cars pointed in the right direction who were going 2 seconds a lap faster than me. Or am I really just that bad in this car?
⌈ zerøbandwidth autosports ⌋
https://twitch.tv/zer0bandwidth
https://youtube.com/c/zerobandwidth
Great 2nd race and a lot of fun with David Iglesias battling for 4th position, don't know why Michael Janak was pissed about that but anyway....

i had massive FPS problems, always when i was closer to other cars...i have this problem only with caterham. tried offline with AI, same result. Anyone had that?
I don't think the Caterhams have LOD models or something. Or if they do, the full detail models are way more performance impacting than they probably look like they should. I don't have a slouch of a sim PC and in traffic during Caterhams I drop to ~40Hz when I'm usually at 90-120Hz.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(04-30-2020, 08:40 PM)Alan Serafini Danesi Wrote:  Great 2nd race and a lot of fun with David Iglesias battling for 4th position, don't know why Michael Janak was pissed about that but anyway....

i had massive FPS problems, always when i was closer to other cars...i have this problem only with caterham. tried offline with AI, same result. Anyone had that?
your battle was bad from tactical point , it was clear after 2 laps we all only losing gap to drivers behind us, some laps minimaly 1s slower than laps at beginning (where afte start we gain 4s to rest of pack), one lap 1,8 s slower and cars at rear was catching us , at last lap i must hardly defend my place , same scenario like in 1st race , battle of 2 cars at opening stage cost us places and we get bumps too , more clever was wait little to end for attack, drive in train and maintan faster times , races are not only about overtaking ASAP but little about tactics too, as i let you by , not be hit by you (as you try overtake on bad places and was centimeters on my rear end) then you was slow as lost slipstream
(04-30-2020, 09:30 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  I don't think the Caterhams have LOD models or something. Or if they do, the full detail models are way more performance impacting than they probably look like they should. I don't have a slouch of a sim PC and in traffic during Caterhams I drop to ~40Hz when I'm usually at 90-120Hz.

don't know what changed but in the first race was not that bad...trying to reinstall everything...imagine racing at 20 fps for almost full race...

(05-01-2020, 09:01 AM)Michal Janak Wrote:  
(04-30-2020, 08:40 PM)Alan Serafini Danesi Wrote:  Great 2nd race and a lot of fun with David Iglesias battling for 4th position, don't know why Michael Janak was pissed about that but anyway....

your battle was bad from tactical point , it was clear after 2 laps we all only losing gap to drivers behind us, some laps minimaly 1s slower than laps at beginning (where afte start we gain 4s to rest of pack), one lap 1,8 s slower and cars at rear was catching us , at last lap i must hardly defend my place , same scenario like in 1st race , battle of 2 cars at opening stage cost us places and we get bumps too , more clever was wait little to end for attack, drive in train and maintan faster times , races are not only about overtaking ASAP but little about tactics too, as i let you by , not be hit by you (as you try overtake on bad places and was centimeters on my rear end) then you was slow as lost slipstream

well, i was faster than P4(David) but not so faster to overtake him safely...and i didn't have enough pace to stay with the 3 guys in front anyway. so, what i had to do? stay behind David doing nothing or just enjoy the race and try to gain a place?
and like i already said, i was having soo many problems with fps, don't know how i had a "clean" race at 20 FPS..
There is no only one tactic to follow in a race, and the best strategy for one driver might be different to another driver.

I share the point that sometimes it's smarter not to fight to avoid losing time, but if you do a super qualy lap and you have to fight against people faster than you, as happened to me, seems reasonable that you might be interested to force a slower race pace. Also, if you're slower that the people behind you and you don't defend your position, you will lost the train in a few laps.
(05-01-2020, 12:01 PM)David Iglesias Wrote:  There is no only one tactic to follow in a race, and the best strategy for one driver might be different to another driver.

I share the point that sometimes it's smarter not to fight to avoid losing time, but if you do a super qualy lap and you have to fight against people faster than you, as happened to me, seems reasonable that you might be interested to force a slower race pace. Also, if you're slower that the people behind you and you don't defend your position, you will lost the train in a few laps.

yeah also i've seen that you weren't able to stay with p3 and the logical thing to do was try to overtake you and catch up the rest. but you've done a smart race and don't let me by, so we started fighting a bit and it was fun
Yeah, tactics, uhuh. In a 20min race it only goes so far. And when when I let go the guy who sat 0.05s behind me moments ago, he immediately starts driving sloppy and slowing me down, not willing to give it up either.
See you on track ~S!~ Big Grin