Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Delay registration time to 10 minutes after new clock
Lightbulb 
Hi!
Following how F1 changed start times for GP from 2:00PM to 2:10PM, I would like to see a shift of scheduling to improve last minute joining players without wait a full hour to miss a chance to race Smile

Thanks
(09-26-2019, 11:41 PM)Marco Mollace Wrote:  Hi!
Following how F1 changed start times for GP from 2:00PM to 2:10PM, I would like to see a shift of scheduling to improve last minute joining players without wait a full hour to miss a chance to race Smile

Thanks

yes please...up to race time...
Join using the Online server browser searching for the string "simracingsystem". You can join at any time... all the way through to the end of the race, as far as I know, so long as you register before XX:55.

Or do you guys just want everything to move the registration deadline forward 10 minutes? If that's the case, a resounding NO THANK YOU from me. I typically race in the hour before work in the morning, and I have to get out the door pretty much right when the race is over at 8:40AM or so. That change would pretty much drop my participation at SRS down to Monday evenings only.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
I dont understand what the point would be?
at 5min before the race the signups are closed and you can no longer sign up, what would be the point to start the race 10min later since you can join the server as long as qualifying is going on.

Maybe i just dont understand but i cant see what the point would be.
(09-28-2019, 01:15 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Join using the Online server browser searching for the string "simracingsystem". You can join at any time... all the way through to the end of the race, as far as I know, so long as you register before XX:55.

Or do you guys just want everything to move the registration deadline forward 10 minutes? If that's the case, a resounding NO THANK YOU from me. I typically race in the hour before work in the morning, and I have to get out the door pretty much right when the race is over at 8:40AM or so. That change would pretty much drop my participation at SRS down to Monday evenings only.

Sorry for not being clear. What I meant is to move the deadline forward 10 minutes. My situation is quite opposite than yours. It's really easy remember that registration is opened at 21.00 instead of 20.50. For that expect, players would benefit for more forgiving deadlines as doesn't require that logic step for sign up a race
I'm still confused. Registration for any particular race is open basically any time, so long as you don't want to register for a race that will take place sooner than the race in question. Either I'm still not understanding what you are asking for, or you are not understanding how registration and how late you can actually join a server for a race you are registered for (which is basically all the way until the race ends).

The "race" doesn't actually start until ~13 minutes passed the hour currently. You have ~5 minutes of practice crossing the hour, then ~12 minutes of qualifying, then a 1 minute wait for the race to start (these are times for 20 minute timed races... 1 hour races just add 10 more minutes to qualifying).

So basically if you practice enough to get a good outlap and a single hotlap in before the race, you already can join the server 10 minutes after the hour (again, using the Online Server Browser... not the registration page Join button, which is always sketchy anyway for me), assuming the track isn't a 2+ minute laptime.

Am I making any sense? Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(09-29-2019, 02:58 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  I'm still confused. Registration for any particular race is open basically any time, so long as you don't want to register for a race that will take place sooner than the race in question. Either I'm still not understanding what you are asking for, or you are not understanding how registration and how late you can actually join a server for a race you are registered for (which is basically all the way until the race ends).

The "race" doesn't actually start until ~13 minutes passed the hour currently. You have ~5 minutes of practice crossing the hour, then ~12 minutes of qualifying, then a 1 minute wait for the race to start (these are times for 20 minute timed races... 1 hour races just add 10 more minutes to qualifying).

So basically if you practice enough to get a good outlap and a single hotlap in before the race, you already can join the server 10 minutes after the hour (again, using the Online Server Browser... not the registration page Join button, which is always sketchy anyway for me), assuming the track isn't a 2+ minute laptime.

I'm not sure either but i do know it just "seems" like i barely miss the deadline for registration sometimes by 15 secs but that's my bad and not the clock's fault.
(09-29-2019, 07:56 AM)Michael Butler Wrote:  
(09-29-2019, 02:58 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  I'm still confused. Registration for any particular race is open basically any time, so long as you don't want to register for a race that will take place sooner than the race in question. Either I'm still not understanding what you are asking for, or you are not understanding how registration and how late you can actually join a server for a race you are registered for (which is basically all the way until the race ends).

I'm not sure either but i do know it just "seems" like i barely miss the deadline for registration sometimes by 15 secs but that's my bad and not the clock's fault.

That's what I'm talking about. Many miss that deadline, probably because when they look into SRS is already too late
TBH, I have no sympathy for those cases, even though it happened to me few times. Moving everything 10 minutes makes no sense to me. F1 did it to have some window before the start, so TV stations can do little build up, and not just jump into the race.

Here it doesn't really matter. If you're doing consecutive races, you'd still have same amount of time between the end of the first one and start of the second. And if it's your first race, you should be at your PC more than 5 minutes before the start anyway, to check your PC/wheel/connection. Just register as soon as you turn on your PC, and then do offline warmup, go to the bathroom, grab a smoke... whatever your ritual is, and join at the hour.
(09-30-2019, 01:28 PM)Marco Mollace Wrote:  
(09-29-2019, 07:56 AM)Michael Butler Wrote:  

That's what I'm talking about. Many miss that deadline, probably because when they look into SRS is already too late

So why they look into SRS too late? Big Grin  everyone knows the deadline ends 5 minutes before the hour
NEVER GIVE UP!