Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC2 not using VR with SRS app
Hi Henrique,
Thank you so much for putting in the time and effort to bring PC2 to SRS. I hope it is a success.

First tried it tonight and I wanted to post this problem I had and will follow up to this thread with the solution if I figure it out this weekend.

If you or anyone else has a suggested fix, I would very much appreciate it.

PC2 launches fine from the SRS app. However, PC2 is not launched in my Oculus Rift CV1.

The VR launches fine if I start PC2 without the SRS app.
I do not use SteamVR and I don't start PC2 from Oculus Home. I normally start PC2 from a desktop icon and the VR launches automatically.
I have updated the Oculus and looked for steam launch parameter options.
I did add -sportsplay 85.10.198.91:27015 to the steam launch options in case that was a common fix.

So far no luck.
Yes, VR is somehow an issue.

I have a WMR device and it only works by adding the command line directly on steam launch parameters and start with the 'play pcars 2 in vr' button on steam. If I use the regular one it doesn't work.

It worked for Pawel
http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=6253

what are your exact steps when using pcars 2 in vr without SRS?
Hey Chris,

I have a Rift S and the VR just starts up normally for me.  Have you installed Steam VR?  If not, do so from the tools section in your Library.  I've found that even though a game natively supports the rift, if steam vr is not installed it has issues starting it from steam.

Let us know how it goes.
After trying a number of different steam launch options, nothing works if using Join from the SRS app.
Like Pawel, it only works for me to Register through the SRS app but either launch from Steam by right-clicking Project Cars 2 and selecting "Launch Project Cars 2 in Oculus VR mode" or use my default method of launching from my desktop shortcut which has "steam://launch/378860/othervr" under the Web Document tab of Properties.
It is still required to have -sportsplay 85.10.198.91:27015 as a Launch Option in Steam. Otherwise the SRS server does not show up under Online Lobbies.
I am fine with this approach. I am used to having to do workarounds in RF2  Tongue
Thanks for the help guys.
did you tried to add -othervr to the launch parameters?
Yes I tried

- othervr
- openvr
- vrmode Oculus

None worked.
I'm sad to say, I give up!!!
I've spent more time this weekend trying to get ProjectCARS 2 to work in VR with SRS, than I've spent playing ProjectCARS 2 since its release.
Completely frustrated.
(07-01-2019, 09:17 PM)Jay Gabriel Wrote:  I'm sad to say, I give up!!!
I've spent more time this weekend trying to get ProjectCARS 2 to work in VR with SRS, than I've spent playing ProjectCARS 2 since its release.
Completely frustrated.

Zero info on the headset used and procedure.
Can't help you
hi, is there a working method to start in vr using Oculus Rift CV1?
ive tried the launch options to no avail .
loading pc2 in oculus mode when join appears doesnt show simracingsystem server.
pressing join loads into virtual desktop, quitting pc2 and loading from steam in oculus mode sometimes works but can show wrong password message.
i really wanted this to take off Sad
(07-02-2019, 01:04 AM)Stuart Mccluskey Wrote:  hi, is there a working method to start in vr using Oculus Rift CV1?
ive tried the launch options to no avail .
loading pc2 in oculus mode when join appears doesnt show simracingsystem server.
pressing join loads into virtual desktop, quitting pc2 and loading from steam in oculus mode sometimes works but can show wrong password message.
i really wanted this to take off Sad

See Jeans post above.
With steamVR installed it should work fine.

In any case, if you copy -sportsplay 85.10.198.91:27015 into steam launch parameters(do not make a shorcut for the exe) and press play pcars in vr it should launch pcars 2 in VR and when you press 'browse multiplayer', the server should be the first one to show on the list. Better clear the server search parameters.