Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
checksum failed. You have been kicked out of the race
About five hours before the race, an announcement came up today about a new mod. I do not live on the forum, so I didn't notice.

So, I registered for the race, got a bad checksum and got kicked out. I've lost 10 points of rating and probably I'll be banned for two days for not showing up, while I was there, fuming for not being able to join..

Am I getting something wrong here, or is this really absurdly unfair?
That ban is not active.
(01-26-2019, 01:37 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  That ban is not active.

Please do not take my rant as ingratitude. I am ever very appreciative of this fantastic system, made available to us all for free, and its great community. Just a little glitch that perhaps could somehow be fixed?
Although it was deactivated, the warning is useful.
I also just signed up for the race, but I didn’t pass the cheksum, because I have installed Ford version 2.61. I installed it yesterday, and yesterday it was written about this version. I didn't think it would be updated today. So now I get a ban?
No, you don't get a ban. He's saying he has that ban set to inactive. But it DOES exist... it's just disabled currently. Ideally races don't suffer version change churn as much as this particular car has and such a penalty would discourage people from registering for races they can't actually make. I'm not sure that's common practice by anyone for any particular reason... so maybe that ban never comes back? One can never tell!
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Ok, thanks. Now I see, I'm just DNF in Standings.
(01-26-2019, 02:47 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  No, you don't get a ban. He's saying he has that ban set to inactive. But it DOES exist... it's just disabled currently. Ideally races don't suffer version change churn as much as this particular car has and such a penalty would discourage people from registering for races they can't actually make. I'm not sure that's common practice by anyone for any particular reason... so maybe that ban never comes back? One can never tell!

Still, Russell, why not bringing the check one level up in the process? I understand that somebody loses rating because he signs up and doesn't show (although, generally that happens for internet connection problems, and not because one is not serious... We all want to race and nobody wants to waste time joining a race one doesn't intend to take part in). But to be allowed to join a race with the wrong version of a car, and THEN to be kicked out and lose rating? That is a harsh punishment for essentially an unintentional error.
I'm not entirely sure he is able to check the version number on a car with the web app. If that is possible... sure. Otherwise, it's like it is now. Racing in a series that requires mods? Check the mod thread before you register for a race. You don't have to live on these forums (like I do, apparently), but this is how games with mods have worked since the mid 90s. I was able to download and install 2.7 of this car in less than 5 minutes... and that's after I moved all the skins out of the folder and deleted it first. There's no rules that say you have to join BEFORE the scheduled time. You can join in as late as the end of Qualifying. So that is basically a window of ~12 minutes or so to fix any issues when you get kicked and fail a checksum.

Fake Edit: This just in... the mod creator for this car freaked out and took the downloads off his RaceDepartment page. Drama!

Real Edit: Turns out the post in the AC Mod thread was looking at a different Cosworth over on RaceDepartment. Different mod entirely. Whew.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
But when it kicks you, you know why it does, you can just head to the internet and download the update easy as 1,2,3 and still join the server even before the quali starts... happened to me twice on SRS I think, so whats the problem. You dont have a dial-up internet that you would be downloading the car for more than couple of minutes
NEVER GIVE UP!