Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues users need to be aware of.
First issue for me is that as a G27 user to make sure the Logitech profiler for my wheel works I use the Logitech profiler to start the game. I will have to make sure to have the profiler already loaded before entering a race.

Secondly the client software needed to locate the GSC.exe for the game. As many other users have done to make the Track Map plugin operate we have to rename the GSC.exe file to rFactor.exe  What this means is that I will not have my usual on screen helps from TrackMap such as fuel usage, gaps to other racers, time or number of laps to go, lap times, tyre wear per lap and laps left on tyres.

Option I guess is separate tablet screen and use a app to display these type of things.

When RF2 comes along should be all good for me.
(02-12-2016, 08:52 AM)wayne whitmore Wrote:  First issue for me is that as a G27 user to make sure the Logitech profiler for my wheel works I use the Logitech profiler to start the game. I will have to make sure to have the profiler already loaded before entering a race.

Secondly the client software needed to locate the GSC.exe for the game. As many other users have done to make the Track Map plugin operate we have to rename the GSC.exe file to rFactor.exe  What this means is that I will not have my usual on screen helps from TrackMap such as fuel usage, gaps to other racers, time or number of laps to go, lap times, tyre wear per lap and laps left on tyres.

Option I guess is separate tablet screen and use a app to display these type of things.

Wayne
I also use the logitech profiler so are you saying to launch gse with profiler and then close gse to then start a race?  Does starting a race via sim racing system launch gse!
Using rfactor.exe instead of gsc.exe won't work as SRS launches gsc.exe.
(02-12-2016, 07:51 PM)Kevin OHara Wrote:  
(02-12-2016, 08:52 AM)wayne whitmore Wrote:  First issue for me is that as a G27 user to make sure the Logitech profiler for my wheel works I use the Logitech profiler to start the game. I will have to make sure to have the profiler already loaded before entering a race.

Wayne
I also use the logitech profiler so are you saying to launch gse with profiler and then close gse to then start a race?  Does starting a race via sim racing system launch gse!

Yes correct load GSC via profiler then close game profiler remains loaded. Yet to try system to test auto execute by the racing system
I disabled the Logitech Profiler as it caused me lots of headache with RaceRoom Racing Experience.
All sims work just flawless without the Profiler, so, ya...

The trackmap works just fine for me (except that since a few days it drops the FPS to 23.... on RaceDepartment
already a few people mentioned having this problem) without having to rename GSC.exe.

I think there will always be people running "interesting" setups or having "creative" ways of dealing with things,
but we all must understand that a project like this one most likely can't take care of such things.