Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are incidents calculated?
In a race yesterday I was slammed into twice by people who were following too closely.  I see in the race record that I have 4 incidents calculated.  

What are the symptoms of an "incident"?  For what infractions will I be charged with an incident?  I understand 2 of the incidents, I was hit.  I do not understand the other 2, what counts as an incident?

Thanks,

Dave
hi
same question
what is an incident with the srs system ?
off track, contact ?

for the last race, i had 2 incidents and i lost 6 points instead 10
why ?
3 points for each on road and oval, 1 point per incident on offroad

(06-17-2016, 06:46 AM)Alex Marzin Wrote:  hi
same question
what is an incident with the srs system ?
off track, contact ?

for the last race, i had 2 incidents and i lost 6 points instead 10
why ?
ok thanks
another question
an offtrack without contact is an incident ?
no
(05-26-2016, 11:32 AM)Dave Irwin Wrote:  In a race yesterday I was slammed into twice by people who were following too closely. 

That is exactly why it would be good to know what kind of driver are around you, if you had known that the guy following you has a large incident average (over 2) you might have acted differently, as their is no point trying to race someone who believes it is fair racing to bump into you instead of keeping his distance and wait for a clean opportunity to pass, a low incident average driver would not have made you loose those points.
If he did not do it on purpose because he his overdriving and cannot control his car, it is not any better. 
IRL, we would know who are the Maldonado's on the track.
As an added bonus, I believe that having their incident average score attached to their name for all to see would motivate the drivers to avoid contact and race cleaner.
Indeed.
As long as you can't split the field based on safety rating it's very useful seeing the incident rating of each driver.