Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Estonia 25 Setup
My setup here for Grobnik, seems to work for my reasonably quick, but inconsistent, SRS pace!
Could probably take a bit less wing for better acceleration/top speed

Edit - just change file name to .ini - should work

Attached Files
.txt   this is the one .txt (Size: 1.48 KB / Downloads: 38)
(08-19-2020, 01:44 PM)Phil Stubbs Wrote:  My setup here for Grobnik, seems to work for my reasonably quick, but inconsistent, SRS pace!

Thanks! I have no doubt that it's a good setup, but apparently I'll just have to learn how to keep the car on track with way less grip than before. Now I'm losing around 2 secs with this setup, but since I couldn't get under 1:28 with my own setup I'll just keep trying with this.

EDIT: That didn't take long, managed to do a new PB a few times when I tested this setup for full race length.
(08-19-2020, 01:44 PM)Phil Stubbs Wrote:  My setup here for Grobnik, seems to work for my reasonably quick, but inconsistent, SRS pace!

I like it. Managed a low 26 in qualifying with it. Smile
Thumbs Up 
Just wanted to say thank-you to all the kind people posting their set-ups here. I have no idea when it comes to car set-up and your set-ups have allowed me to compete to some extent and really enjoy the Estonia series Smile

Thank-you!

Kev.
(08-23-2020, 11:28 AM)I\d like to second that. I was disappointed when I found out that the Estonia series was going to be open setup, as someone with very little experience/skill at setup, this made a big difference to feeling a bit less incompetent and enjoying the races more.Cheers, Paul.Kevin King Wrote:  Just wanted to say thank-you to all the kind people posting their set-ups here. I have no idea when it comes to car set-up and your set-ups have allowed me to compete to some extent and really enjoy the Estonia series Smile

Thank-you!

Kev.
I'll third that - it's been a really enjoyable series, helped by the work of the people who got the setup sorted and everyone else posting here. I do find it odd that there's not more forum chat with SRS, so this thread has been a pleasant change.

Now, about this 3-11, who's got any ideas???
I almost skipped the Estonia 25 series because of the default setup, so thanks again to MacGarry for this thread. Unfortunately I couldn't do much against Martin Smith's insane winning streak and had to settle for 2nd in the championship. Tongue

(08-24-2020, 08:23 PM)Phil Stubbs Wrote:  Now, about this 3-11, who's got any ideas???

Try setting both roll bars to zero.
(08-25-2020, 07:31 AM)Steen Toudal Wrote:  Try setting both roll bars to zero.

Thanks, this helped a lot! One more thing I hadn't even thought of.

(Even with good setups I'm still way too slow to consider these races, though)
Sorry I hadn't posted any setups for the last three races. A few things had changed in real life for me so I hadn't been able to race for the last few weeks. Good to see that Steen and others picked up where I slacked off and continued giving setups for the other tracks. Hope the races on the last three tracks were fun.
Since James Tumilty's Tumultuous Tuesdays championship is using these cars, I thought that I'd give this thread a bump. The default setup for this car was pretty bad (unless it was updated since the last time this car was used on SRS). Default gearing meant that the top gear slowed the car down and the understeer was awful. I think I was 3-4 seconds quicker per lap on many tracks with a few changes compared to the default, so be sure to check out the ones I posted as well as other guys like Steen and Dominic did in the past. I went really low on the rear wing for mine making it good on straights, but a bit more of a handful in twisty sections. So if you want something a bit more planted, try Steen's and Dominic's setups and then tweak the gearing and tyre pressures on a track by track basis.
Donny MacGarry Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@DonnyMacGarry