Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will be see ACC races ever again?
(05-12-2022, 06:48 AM)Ilmari Ylitalo Wrote:  ACC will cut out most if not all VR-drivers, like myself. That game just don't wanna run and look in VR, no matter how fast your PC. Playable (with hi-end PC)? Maybe. Worth it? ...not sure. Shame. Sad

(05-12-2022, 08:45 AM)Sergio Mendez Wrote:  I played it 1K hour from the beginning and when I was able to drive in VR, tried everything, upgraded -more- my pc, and even now with a 3080 is hard to make it look slightly like AC/AMS2/rfactor2. But I don't miss it. I was a bit tired of driving GT3 Smile Last guide I used was "https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-vr-the-definitive-vr-performance-guide.48679/" and it's a bit better, but definitely it's a mess in terms of graphics and immersion for me yet!

(05-12-2022, 10:58 AM)Ilmari Ylitalo Wrote:  Got 3080 also and 12700k with 32G, can't make it looks sharp. Tried also recently added DLSS and the AMD equivalent; still no. good. DLSS boosts fps but makes image too blurry. I guess it would be drivable if absolutely needed but if I can go with AC, iracing or AMS2 why struggle with the bloody mess. Also only GT cars, meh.

(05-12-2022, 01:27 PM)Sergio Mendez Wrote:  
(05-12-2022, 06:48 AM)Ilmari Ylitalo Wrote:  ACC will cut out most if not all VR-drivers, like myself. That game just don't wanna run and look in VR, no matter how fast your PC. Playable (with hi-end PC)? Maybe. Worth it? ...not sure. Shame. Sad

Same here. I tried almost everything and still looking really bad. I did some endurance events with my friends but it's not definitely my fav sim right now. Doesn't look like it will be improved anytime because of the small VR community. I didn't improve my CPU that much, thanks for the info because I thought it could fix the bad visuals Big Grin now I have a very good 9700K for a couple of years and I don't want to replace it as long as it's a great CPU.
If any of you guys are using an Oculus VR Headset, I would strongly suggest googling about "FOV tangent multiplayer". Made an absolute difference to me, I'm playing in VR at 5408x2736 resolution, which is the maximum for the Quest 2 I have, and I'm playing in VR with no issues. Took me a while to figure out how on earth to run this in VR, and I do agree ACC is rubbish when it comes to VR compared to other titles, but I'm playing without any problems now, with a 3070 and a 10400. And it is the CPU what is doing the bottleneck here. Still not as sharp as AC itself, but I would say 90-95% as sharp. It was really blurry when I started playing in VR, so I would suggest giving it a try again, especially if you like ACC.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will be see ACC races ever again? - by Juan Gonzalez Gamo - 05-12-2022, 02:50 PM