Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will be see ACC races ever again?
(05-11-2022, 12:09 PM)Pasha Paterson Wrote:  We've had several seasons of ACC here on SRS. Both times there was an outcry for "bring in ACC!" on the forums, and then the seasons happened, and no one joined the races. With all the additional content and more varied types of cars, it might be more viable now, but it will probably also require some work to adapt the SRS-ACC app, and prior (lack of) participation in ACC series here is not going to be a strong motivator.
But yes I hope it comes back too. Big Grin
It seems ACC is more popular then back then. And the weather simulation is really impressive. So it could be a success, if the races can be different then the most popular ACC community.
In the last attempt of ACC champ in SRS, ACC was quite popular worldwide but unfortunately grids were really small. We also ran with real weather and 1h races. Back then there were less comunities and platforms offering ACC champs. Right now I feel -it's just an opinion- it won't happen as long as ACC drivers are concentrated even more than then.
Shaun Clarke Racing team.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXFr32FURbIpcY7IAMUaO7A
ACC will cut out most if not all VR-drivers, like myself. That game just don't wanna run and look in VR, no matter how fast your PC. Playable (with hi-end PC)? Maybe. Worth it? ...not sure. Shame. Sad
I played it 1K hour from the beginning and when I was able to drive in VR, tried everything, upgraded -more- my pc, and even now with a 3080 is hard to make it look slightly like AC/AMS2/rfactor2. But I don't miss it. I was a bit tired of driving GT3 Smile Last guide I used was "https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-vr-the-definitive-vr-performance-guide.48679/" and it's a bit better, but definitely it's a mess in terms of graphics and immersion for me yet!
Got 3080 also and 12700k with 32G, can't make it looks sharp. Tried also recently added DLSS and the AMD equivalent; still no. good. DLSS boosts fps but makes image too blurry. I guess it would be drivable if absolutely needed but if I can go with AC, iracing or AMS2 why struggle with the bloody mess. Also only GT cars, meh.
Pixel density is the magic setting that makes ACC look sharp in VR. You can lower the ingame resolution by quite a lot, as long as you increase the pixel density.
(05-12-2022, 06:48 AM)Ilmari Ylitalo Wrote:  ACC will cut out most if not all VR-drivers, like myself. That game just don't wanna run and look in VR, no matter how fast your PC. Playable (with hi-end PC)? Maybe. Worth it? ...not sure. Shame. Sad

Same here. I tried almost everything and still looking really bad. I did some endurance events with my friends but it's not definitely my fav sim right now. Doesn't look like it will be improved anytime because of the small VR community. I didn't improve my CPU that much, thanks for the info because I thought it could fix the bad visuals Big Grin now I have a very good 9700K for a couple of years and I don't want to replace it as long as it's a great CPU.
(05-12-2022, 06:48 AM)Ilmari Ylitalo Wrote:  ACC will cut out most if not all VR-drivers, like myself. That game just don't wanna run and look in VR, no matter how fast your PC. Playable (with hi-end PC)? Maybe. Worth it? ...not sure. Shame. Sad

(05-12-2022, 08:45 AM)Sergio Mendez Wrote:  I played it 1K hour from the beginning and when I was able to drive in VR, tried everything, upgraded -more- my pc, and even now with a 3080 is hard to make it look slightly like AC/AMS2/rfactor2. But I don't miss it. I was a bit tired of driving GT3 Smile Last guide I used was "https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-vr-the-definitive-vr-performance-guide.48679/" and it's a bit better, but definitely it's a mess in terms of graphics and immersion for me yet!

(05-12-2022, 10:58 AM)Ilmari Ylitalo Wrote:  Got 3080 also and 12700k with 32G, can't make it looks sharp. Tried also recently added DLSS and the AMD equivalent; still no. good. DLSS boosts fps but makes image too blurry. I guess it would be drivable if absolutely needed but if I can go with AC, iracing or AMS2 why struggle with the bloody mess. Also only GT cars, meh.

(05-12-2022, 01:27 PM)Sergio Mendez Wrote:  
(05-12-2022, 06:48 AM)Ilmari Ylitalo Wrote:  ACC will cut out most if not all VR-drivers, like myself. That game just don't wanna run and look in VR, no matter how fast your PC. Playable (with hi-end PC)? Maybe. Worth it? ...not sure. Shame. Sad

Same here. I tried almost everything and still looking really bad. I did some endurance events with my friends but it's not definitely my fav sim right now. Doesn't look like it will be improved anytime because of the small VR community. I didn't improve my CPU that much, thanks for the info because I thought it could fix the bad visuals Big Grin now I have a very good 9700K for a couple of years and I don't want to replace it as long as it's a great CPU.
If any of you guys are using an Oculus VR Headset, I would strongly suggest googling about "FOV tangent multiplayer". Made an absolute difference to me, I'm playing in VR at 5408x2736 resolution, which is the maximum for the Quest 2 I have, and I'm playing in VR with no issues. Took me a while to figure out how on earth to run this in VR, and I do agree ACC is rubbish when it comes to VR compared to other titles, but I'm playing without any problems now, with a 3070 and a 10400. And it is the CPU what is doing the bottleneck here. Still not as sharp as AC itself, but I would say 90-95% as sharp. It was really blurry when I started playing in VR, so I would suggest giving it a try again, especially if you like ACC.
(05-12-2022, 01:27 PM)Well... found significant performance increase when going from 9700k -> 12700k with AC. Sergio Mendez Wrote:  

(05-13-2022, 02:28 PM)Ilmari Ylitalo Wrote:  
(05-12-2022, 01:27 PM)Well... found significant performance increase when going from 9700k -> 12700k with AC. Sergio Mendez Wrote:  

But still not enough as you said! Hahaha I'll wait for a great boost for performance as long as the pocket is still whining about its emptiness lately Smile