Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Donny MacGarry Vs Plank Liveries vs Pollinflas - Mclaren P1, LaFerrari, 918 Spyder
A recap, and an apology -looks like a poem title-.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSfVhVNny6Y&t=1s

Sorry again.
Keep trying with my english, but it will get better, sooner or later LOL
Shaun Clarke Racing team.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXFr32FURbIpcY7IAMUaO7A
Thanks for another pro recap, Sergio.
No apologies necessary for your english - great commentary all the way through!
(I'm impressed with everyone who is bilingual because my French is so abysmal! Big Grin )
We're halfway through the season, and since I decided to join team Plank Liveries I thought I'd see how our McLarens were performing. I crunched the numbers and here are some conclusions based on 3 top split races:
  • The most popular car is the Ferrari (33), closely followed by the McLaren (27), and the Porsche far behind (9)
  • The most successful car is the Ferrari (2 wins, 5 podiums, 14 top tens), again followed by the McLaren (1 win, 4 podiums, 14 top tens)
  • When considering averages, Team McLaren does come out on top (75 pts vs. 74 pts on average per driver per race)
  • McLaren drivers are also the safest (1.56 vs. 1.58 vs. 2.67 incidents on average per driver per race)
  • Porsche drivers are the most creative: 100% of the Porsches have custom skins. The prancing horses and McLarens do not come close, last race only 50% and 40% respectively
  • The Porsche drivers definitely deserve a bravery award. Both Jussi and Fredrik haven't changed cars, even though the race pace difference between Porsche and Ferrari/McLaren at Watkins Glenn roughly compares to a Haas and a Mercedes at the US GP
Oh!! this is awesome Christopher, thank you, pretty good and fun info!
Both Porsche drivers are awesome!
Shaun Clarke Racing team.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXFr32FURbIpcY7IAMUaO7A
Let it be known, that I only switched out of the Porsche because Sergio demanded to have a go in it  Tongue
Donny MacGarry Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@DonnyMacGarry
love those statistics!
Great number crunching Christopher !!

Server updated to VIR for next weeks race
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
I must say yesterdays race was the hardest ever for me. I tried the Porsche for the first time, and I think it simply does not like me. I actually think it is alive and that it is intentionally trying to shake me out as soon as it feels that I am touching its precious pedals or steering wheel. My deepest admiration goes out to mr. David Iglesias who managed to coach it in to #10 less than a minute behind #1.

But I am NOT giving up! I will continue trying to tame it at Tor Poznan. Any tips are very welcome. And I urge you all to join me and try the Porsche out so that we have a more even distribution among the three cars. See you guys in virtual Poland for the season finale next week! Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Lars Erik Christensen - 4 Poter Racing Team - Norway // SimXPro X80 cockpit, Thrustmaster TS-XW base with Sparco R383/Ferrari F599XX/OpenWheel rims, Heusinkveld Sprint 2-pedal set, i5-10600k/2080 Super, Oculus Rift S, Buttkicker Gamer 2
(11-16-2021, 03:06 PM)Lars Erik Christensen Wrote:  I must say yesterdays race was the hardest ever for me. I tried the Porsche for the first time, and I think it simply does not like me. I actually think it is alive and that it is intentionally trying to shake me out as soon as it feels that I am touching its precious pedals or steering wheel. My deepest admiration goes out to mr. David Iglesias who managed to coach it in to #10 less than a minute behind #1.

But I am NOT giving up! I will continue trying to tame it at Tor Poznan. Any tips are very welcome. And I urge you all to join me and try the Porsche out so that we have a more even distribution among the three cars. See you guys in virtual Poland for the season finale next week! Tongue
The Porsche is definitely not the fastest car but it's fun to drive and really challenging. I don't think I'm fast with it, but If you want some advice I always try to keep a little bit of throttle while braking in those places where you cannot brake in a straight line to keep the weights balanced and not losing the rear. Also, do not use all the kers in the first 5 laps as I did  Big Grin
(11-16-2021, 03:06 PM)Lars Erik Christensen Wrote:  I must say yesterdays race was the hardest ever for me. I tried the Porsche for the first time, and I think it simply does not like me. I actually think it is alive and that it is intentionally trying to shake me out as soon as it feels that I am touching its precious pedals or steering wheel. My deepest admiration goes out to mr. David Iglesias who managed to coach it in to #10 less than a minute behind #1.

I remember trying out all 3 cars at Imola and one of the most distinct things that I noted was that the Porsche is not only the slowest regarding top speed, but also the least planted. It had issues going over crests especially in high speed scenarios, such as the long right hander before the final two left corners at Imola. It was very difficult to keep that car on the road there and I had to lift everytime, which I didn't with the other cars. VIR had alot of those crests with corners on them as well, so I imagine the Porsche was a nightmare there. Next Monday is Tor Poznan which is much flatter, so I imagine the Porsche will be a lot nicer there.
Donny MacGarry Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@DonnyMacGarry