Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to introduce myself!
Hello fellow sim racers! I have been enjoying SRS for a couple of months now and this has given me a new perspective of sim racing! Thanks a lot for a very good service!

I have been racing on and off on Gran Turismo on PS2 and 3 for many years, but a year ago I built a gaming PC and tried out a few sim racing titles. One thing led to another and I am now racing on Oculus Rift S VR from a Next Level Racing F-GT cockpit with Fanatec V1 pedals and a Thrustmaster T300RS base with different wheel add-ons, current favourite the Sparco R383. PC spec: i5 10600K, 32GB RAM, RTX2060. In addition to VR I have a 49" superwide, but I rarely use it. VR is just so much more immersive!

After I started ion the PC with VR I spent a lot of time on Project Cars 2 at first, just because it is very well adopted for VR racing. It simply is the best in that department. ACC is too heavy on the resources and AC has you moving in and out of VR all the time. Now, I am almost exclusively on AC because of SRS. This is where I find competitive racing with fellow racers who are actually driving fair and safe. And it is so much fun!

Last season I participated in the GT3 Asia and Honda Civic series. All and all I am very happy with my progression. I ended up third overall in GT3 Asia, although I don't think that is representative. I collected a lot of points in less populated races. I am probably more realistically in the 10-20 range. My rank as 12 in the Honda Civic series is more accurate. But anyway: It was a lot of fun!

This season I am planning to join the Audi TT RS Asia series and the Ginetta GT5 series, a car I spent a lot of time with in PC2. Really looking forward to it! Here are my skins for this season:
[Image: lDnFZn7.jpg]

If you want to know: 4 poter (4 paws) is my wifes petshop here in Norway and the yellow colour is from her logo, Lånekassen is the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund were I work, Nebelung Guitars is a norwegian guitar maker who makes amazing guitars present in another hobby of mine together with Cakewalk by Bandlab which is a free music production software, and finally: Gotland Ring is an amazing race track on the swedish island Gotland in the baltic sea. I am not payed to promote anything, but these are brands I just like to use on my skins because they all mean something to me!

See you on the track!

Best regards,
Lars Erik Christensen
Lars Erik Christensen - 4 Poter Racing Team - Norway // SimXPro X80 cockpit, Thrustmaster TS-XW base with Sparco R383/Ferrari F599XX/OpenWheel rims, Heusinkveld Sprint 2-pedal set, i5-10600k/2080 Super, Oculus Rift S, Buttkicker Gamer 2
Hey Lars Erik and welcome.
I´ve seen you around in the Tumilty series. Good fun racing!
I´m also in VR, absolutely the best immersion, so much fun!
Guess I see you on track.
Cheers
Jon
Welcome Lars Erik!
I very much like your approach about liveries and "sponsors", i also like to choose them carefuly and "advertise" products I use and can stand behind (for the time being, you never know).

See you on the track

Cheers
Nicolas
[i]Hit the apex,  goddamnit![/i]