Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACC Porsche Cup thread
This is very cool to see on SRS. I was hoping for an ACC championship or AMS2 championship to use some sort of changes in weather or time of day from what is normally used. However, I was only expecting some scripted sequence using the in game presets, not one that used real world current settings which is very awesome. My Sundays can be a bit busy as I often do races in other communities on that day, but this is very tempting to try out for at least one of the weeks. I also have very little experience in the Porsche Cup car, but from what I heard (on a GamerMuscle stream) they are very entertaining and fun to drive, providing a very different experience to the GT cars.

(03-17-2021, 10:11 AM)Andrea Piovanelli Wrote:  Yep, I read it just after posting this. Rain chances are a little lower than at 1pm, temperature doesn't change too much though.
With the GT3 cars, generally a change in track temperature of 1C would require a change of 0.1psi in the tyre pressure in the opposite direction to the track temperature change, and so its pretty much a linear relationship. This makes it relatively easy to quickly gauge what pressures to set the tyres at if the temperatures are different to the setup you made in practice. I generally include the temperatures in the setup name to help remind me what my reference track temperature value was. If track temperature increases by 7C for example, then you need to lower tyre pressures by 0.7psi. Similarly if track temperatures are 12C lower, then you should increase the tyre pressures by 1.2psi. I'm going to assume that this is the same with the Porsche Cup tyres, but it might be a good idea to confirm in practice with maybe 4 reference values for the track temperature, in the range of 6C to 35C say. If the setup pressures for those reference values, obey the linear relationship, then you can assume it holds true for all temperatures.

In case you didn't know, for the GT3 slick tyres, the ideal pressure when driving is 27.5psi. For the wet tyres, it is 30 psi. I try to run with 0.3psi above or below those values if I can, although that is tougher if weather and temperature changes. Again I assume that is the same for the Porsche Cup, but it might be a good idea to double check elsewhere online or in your own practice. I don't know how the track temperatures will change during the race, if the in-game for the race start is 21:00, then I am going to assume the track temperatures will cool a bit, so it might be best to start with slightly higher pressures (but not too much higher) in the setup at the start of the race to account for that.

The track wetness can affect the tyre pressures and tyre compound choice of course. For example, a damp track will cool slick tyres, reducing the tyre temperature and pressure compared to a dry track, so you will need to increase them in your setup if that's the case. I am meant to be doing a 3hr GT3 race with a team for the first time this weekend and so I'm about to do that sort of testing myself, (although there is a decent chance now that I won't be doing the event). As far as I know, the track can be classified under the following, which you can see when sitting in the garage
  1. Dry Track
  2. Damp Track
  3. Wet Track
  4. Flooded Track
The advice I was given was to get a reference setup pressure for a given track temperature on the following.
  • dry pressures (slick tyres, dry track)
  • damp pressures (slick tyres, damp track)  [A damp track is achieved by setting the weather to light rain. My teammate didn't mention wet tyres on a damp track, but that might be a good idea since the track could start damp and then get wetter as the race goes on if the rain is predicted to increase]
  • wet pressures (wet tyres with a wet track) [A wet track can be achieved using medium rain. They didn't mention flooded track, but it might be a good to try that out too using a heavy rain setting if you expect there to be a lot of rain].
I don't know if the linear relationship I mentioned earlier between slick tyre presssures and track temperatures on a dry track, holds for slick/wet tyres on damp/wet tracks, so it might be a good idea to get a few reference values again to see if the linear relationship holds in each case. In fact, I'm also assuming the Porsche Cup car has both slick and wet tyre compounds and not one compound designed for all weather. Of course, there is probably some source online that has this information, but I like testing these things out myself and it gives me some practice time with driving in those conditions anyway
I found a nice little table on a site called Trinacria Simracing that shows what types of track states can occur on ACC and what type of setup that would require.
https://trinacriasimracing.wordpress.com/4280-2/

There are also links on that page to other relevant sources of information on this topic such as videos by Aris (the developer at Kunos) and a nice flow chart on Dave Academy for a wet track setup, and I'll put the link to that flow chart up here as well 
https://coachdaveacademy.com/wp-content/...setups.pdf
As far as I can tell these will be the in-game start times for each race:

9PM Spa
8PM Silverstone
5AM Suzuka
6AM Bathurst
9PM Monza
9PM Nurburgring

So at best we might get some late dusk or early dawn light but for the most part it looks like the races will be in the dark.

Also for weather, is there any resource that tells us where ACC draws its live weather info from?
Do those times take BST in to consideration, as the clock move forwards on the 28th Confused
No, no DST changes were factored in. I guess that means S'stone will be 9PM too?
I've just done a couple of laps in this car, but this is a different beast. Really difficult to drive, when you compare to the GT3 cars. I defenately need more practice.
Yesterday I practiced Spa with evening time, low temperature (the lowest you can set is 10°C) and not-so-dry track: the combo Spa + wet + no TC isn't very friendly (it's not friendly at all) with me.
I'm practicing more in the weekend, but I think I'm going to focus on different races this week.

If anyone plans to stream the Porsche race, I'm really curious to watch the footage.
I'm gonna skip this car. Too difficult to drive for me. Hopefully next time we have the normal GT3's with changeable weather.
Great race tonight.
Think we all had a little pack of cars to race with.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
Looks like tomorrow at Suzuka the race will start at 4:25 AM in-game time, and the weather should be near 12 C with an 80% chance of rain.
:eek: