Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACC Porsche Cup thread
Information 
Goodday ladies and gentlmen!
As the upcoming Porsche Cup championship is the first "real weather" series, I believe it's good to open a general thread about that, to discuss strategies ("bring water to your own mill", we say in Italy, and as a beginner that's the case), weather forecast and generic chats about the races.

The first race of the championship is going to be at the most famous belgian track, home to an emotional 24h race on GTWC.
Race is going to start at 8pm GMT, but "virtual" race start is going to be at 9pm Belgium time. Looking at the weather forecast today, the temperature is going to be low (under 10°C), with a chance of rain. Potentially, the race is going to start on a dry track, with rain coming after some laps (or viceversa, there's a good chance of a mixed race). The first "dynamic weather" race is likely going to be very dynamic.
I'm excited, I hope I can find time to practice on a wet track (as always, I will join the race only if I feel I can be safe - and I would really love to).

edit: race time at 9pm instead of 1pm
Just a quick point Andrea, as stated on the main ACC announcement, Spa start time is 9:00pm, so probably dark.
Yep, I read it just after posting this. Rain chances are a little lower than at 1pm, temperature doesn't change too much though.
How cool is this. About the mandatory pitstop. What do most people do? Change tyres? Or just splash and dash?
(03-17-2021, 10:19 AM)Maurice Klerken Wrote:  How cool is this. About the mandatory pitstop. What do most people do? Change tyres? Or just splash and dash?
I just refuel a single litre around the end of the race (~10 minutes or less to the end).
It's the "easy strategy", I think a really fast racer may refuel around half the race with 50/50 fuel between the two stints, as he can actually take a relevant advantage from a lighter car throughout the entire race.
Does the 1 liter refuel only makes you stop for a brief moment, or do you have to stop longer according to regulations?
You only stop for a second. If you check the "repair body and suspension" flag, the pit stop could take 4-5 seconds (for "ordinary maintenance", like if you jumped on kerbs too aggressively).
Of course if the weather changes you might want to change tires Big Grin
Possibly before having to change the car. Big Grin
(03-17-2021, 11:44 AM)Tim Cullingworth Wrote:  Of course if the weather changes you might want to change tires Big Grin
These are wise words Wink