Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi from the US
Hi all, 
I'm still fairly new to the world of sim racing but really wanted to try it out against people for a change. I have pretty much only played AC and ACC so far. I'm still learning a lot, so I want to be sure I participate primarily in races aimed at that skill level. Any tips of which races would be best for relatively new players? I checked the schedule after being approved, but I am still not entirely certain. I have mainly raced Fiat 500s and Alfas in AC while I am learning, so I don't want to throw more car at myself than I am used to. Any advice would be welcome. I just want to learn and get better! I look forward to seeing folks on the track soon!
Hi Michael and welcome to the community!
There is usually some daily races with "easy" cars to drive. These days, it's Toyota GT86: as a beginner, I'd go with that one.
If you play Competizione, there are weekly events and weekend events too, really fun!
Thanks so much for the kind reply. I'll check that out and hopefully get to some races this week or weekend! I'm looking forward to it!
Tonight at 9pm (gmt+1) there's an interesting 60-minutes race at Circuit Paul Ricard on ACC hopefully I'm joining.
Welcome Michael, I'd join whatever I feel more comfortable driving offline. In my case I love the classic series lotus 49 alfa tz..

See you on track!
Thanks again everyone!

I joined my first race using the GT86s at Hockenheim. I was absolutely dreadful in it and got lapped twice by the whole field, but I still managed to have fun (at least until connection issues kicked me from the race). I'm gonna do some more practicing with that car and that track to try and get my lap times down so that I can be more competitive next time. Seems like everyone has a whole lot more experience than me, but I'm not deterred. Just more determined to practice and get better!
Check the series, track changes every week, so these days GT86 races at Magione.
Ahhh I didn't realize this. Here I was trying desperately to get my times down at Hockenheim in a GT 86, not realizing the series changed weekly. I'll pay more attention now. 

What all are the "easy" car races week to week?
Hey! I raced with you at Magione this weekend!

Next weeks, the "easy" championship, meaning the one with the easiest car to handle, in my opinion is the BMW M235i series.
This weekend I'm racing at Nurburgring with that car.
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I'll get to work on that and start tackling the ever so daunting Nurburgring! Maybe I'll see you in a race this weekend. I'll be the guy at the back of the pack lol! Though I have to say I recently upgraded to a VR headset and force feedback wheel and both brought my laptimes down quite a bit. Not enough to be super competitive, but I'm still learning!