Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost out cars spun out or re-joining track
Yeah fair enough everyone - I havent had anyone troll as such its just poor judgement (which no one should be expressly penalised for its just that - poor judgement), I myself have slid over the grass back on track myself after having avoided someone elses crash to then have a car plough straight into me. The mix of skill in the lobbies here is very drastic compared to most other ranked racing games I have played and the inconsistency of players knowing what to do/not do is quite crazy. I like to watch back the first lap of most of my races and at some point on lap 1 someone somewhere in the field causes a pile up for a very innocent mistake (someone slides wide causing someone else to lock up and then all hell breaks loose behind them etc) .... we can all sit back when it isnt us and say well thats racing you should be more careful but if cars did ghost out then it takes more problems away than it introduces.

In response to yourself @Gianluca Roncaglia - If you are driving up to a ghosted car fully expecting it to remain ghosted then its your fault for the result if it suddenly appears solid and you smash into it. Persaonlly I still treat ghosted cars like solid ones (adds to the realism) but a good number times I have been saved by the fact that it was ghosted when it just came flying back onto the track or spun out of my field of view ending right in the middle of the track.

Personally I think it solves more problems than it brings and track limits are in this game so getting an unfair advantage by going wide in a corner can easily be mitigated by putting some killer kerbs or a gravel trap to seriously slow a car down thereby removing the advantage.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ghost out cars spun out or re-joining track - by Craig Robertson - 01-23-2021, 09:53 PM