Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost out cars spun out or re-joining track
I get what you mean and you've explaind your point of view well, but I'm personally not wild on ghosting. I don't overly care about making everything as realistic as possible, but there is something about ghosting that makes it feel too gamey/arcadey to me. There is a skill to anticipating cars ahead that have spun or are likely to spin and driving in a manner to avoid the situation safely. Same goes with rejoining safely, it is a skill that should be learned in my opinion. For something like a public lobby then I think ghosting makes sense. But for organised races like SRS, where it is possible to protest trolls who purposely cause accidents and quickly get them banned, then I think there isn't a need for ghosts.

There's also the case in games like GT Sport and the F1 games, where the ghosting is not 100% consistent. I've seen plenty of example on Youtube where sometimes a car ghosts and sometimes it doesn't, even though the scenarios where the exact same. Sometimes a car unghosts at the moment another car was about to drive through it and that causes a huge crash. I would find this inconsistency infuriating and prefer the consistency of non-ghosting cars.

Finally I would say don't expect any features to be added to AC. That game is completed as far as the developers are concerned, so I would be incredibly surprised if they began to add features in the near future.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ghost out cars spun out or re-joining track - by Donnchadh MacGarry - 01-23-2021, 08:29 PM