Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost out cars spun out or re-joining track
(01-23-2021, 06:50 PM)Craig Robertson Wrote:  I don't see how ghosting out after spinning/going off track is an advantage ? Can you clarify. To me its a very safe way to re-join a race without interrupting . Either that or make gravel inescapable and grass so slippery that you will hit a wall to the point your car is totalled. When you half play it then you get the worst of both situations. Either make going off track such a big deterrent in that once you're off, you're out the race (sim) . OR  allow a safe and easy way to get back into the race without disrupting the other racers (arcade-y).

Obviously spatial awareness comes with practice. Im personally using VR (which is fricking awesome BTW) and it allows me a really good spatial awareness as I can glance to the side and behind when wheel to wheel racing. But even seeing a car perched at the top of eau rouge at spa is no use when they just fly back onto the track as they haven't seen you (for whatever reason) or aware of you coming up behind the hill at 100 MPH by the time you see what side of the track they are on you are too late. Yellow flags only warn of a crashed/spun out car. You are not forced to slow down in that sector so ... kinda screwed if you do slow down and get rear ended by someone not following the flags etc :/

Let's suppose you approach a turn at very high speed. You get out of the track because of your optimism, and then, since you're a ghost, you rejoin without caring of oncoming racers. In some tracks (Chang, Watkins Glen, Red Bull Ring for instance) this would be an - undeserved - advantage.
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ghost out cars spun out or re-joining track - by Gianluca Roncaglia - 01-23-2021, 08:13 PM