Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General discussion on setups from a beginner
I agree with everything the Donny and Ilmari said, i'll just add a few more things.
I often tried setups from other very fast racers, and i found them hard to drive, or i simply didn't like it. The setup must be adjusted to your driving style, by that i mean how fast you turn in, how fast you want to accelerate out of the corner, and also what lines you take. However, you can learn a lot by looking at a "pro" setup to get a general idea on some parameters.
I suggest reading this to learn how different setups work:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/a...OS6uxBoxuM
Besides knowing what your car is doing (under/oversteering, or just being unstable), you must know when it is doing it, for example, if your car understeers into a corner, the causes are different than if your car understeers on corner exit. You must also know, if it's doing it in slow or fast corners - for example, if you're oversteering on corner exit, in slow corners, you must decrease power diff, but you must incerase it in fast corners.
Also, making a really good setup takes a lot of time, but it's possible to get a good base quickly. One more thing that might help you, when i was a noob, i really struggled with default differential settings. With 90% of car/track combos in AC, i like to do an "indy" setup, i set power diff really low, and set coast diff quite high, then reduce it until my car starts spinning on braking.

Messages In This Thread
RE: General discussion on setups from a beginner - by Tadej Župevc - 01-10-2021, 03:44 PM