Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACC Spa GT3 race
Hey ladies and gents!
How's this new year going?
Tomorrow I'm planning to race on Assetto Corsa Competizione at Spa. I usually use a super-safe setup (tweaking a bit the standard safe setup provided by the game), but I'm clueless on pit stop strategy for the hour-long race. What do you suggest? A mid race pit-stop or a later one?
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions,
Drive safe and have fun!
normally with these settings (Fuel consumption:200%, Tyre wear:170%) everybody does like pitstop somewhere in the middle of the race.
Some go a few laps longer - some pit a bit earlier ... but fuel penalty is just to high and tier change takes so long to do that you rarely start with full tank.
hope that helps
(01-09-2021, 05:44 PM)Only a data set  of two 1hr ACC races*, and from an unapologetic vulture, I went with the classic 1ltr no tires strategy. *Tumilty’s Silverstone/Suzuka. Great series btw. (No comment on the new year ?)Good luck!Andrea Piovanelli Wrote:  Hey ladies and gents!
How's this new year going?
Tomorrow I'm planning to race on Assetto Corsa Competizione at Spa. I usually use a super-safe setup (tweaking a bit the standard safe setup provided by the game), but I'm clueless on pit stop strategy for the hour-long race. What do you suggest? A mid race pit-stop or a later one?
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions,
Drive safe and have fun!
(01-09-2021, 08:46 PM)Simon Speth Wrote:  normally with these settings (Fuel consumption:200%, Tyre wear:170%) everybody does like pitstop somewhere in the middle of the race.
Some go a few laps longer - some pit a bit earlier ... but fuel penalty is just to high and tier change takes so long to do that you rarely start with full tank.
hope that helps
Is that not the settings for the AC GT3 events? The ACC ones are 100% fuel and tyre wear, which is the game and race series the question was focused on. I have done the last two events for the ACC Euro series (same rules as the America and Asia series). I didn't do any testing regarding strategy due to time, but I figured since I don't have to change tyres, then the best strategy was to start with fuel to last the race and just add 1L in the pitstop so as to have as fast a pitstop as possible. This means I can pretty much pit at any stage in the race, as I think there is no enforced pit window timer since I have never seen it (a good time is when I am stuck behind someone but can't make an overtake, or if a car is coming up behind me that is lapping me so I can easily avoid the awkward situation with minimal time loss). However this is a question for the fasted or more knowledgeable and experienced  people that, like Andrea, I would also like to give some insight on.
Oh your right Donnchadh! Didn't read the Competizione Big Grin
Well there the startegy is fill up for 1h of racing and add 1l at the pitstop. I don't think there is a pit window right now but for sure this will come in the next weeks.
Just do your pitstop whenever you get held up by faster car infornt and have clear air when coming out of pits.
You usually don't change tiers as they last for even 2h stints
Ok, just finished the race and it has been awesome!
It's my first top ten placement in SRS and I am really happy about the result (but don't tell anyone we were only four)!
I can confirm tyre and fuel consumption are at 100%, I stopped just a bit after mid race (I wanted to try and do some laps with low fuel weight, but tyres punished me a little and I couldn't improve my times too much) and the pit is open through all the race.
I actually started from the pits, because I'm clumsy and pulled the steering wheel wire...
Anyway, my strategy was to begin with 75L (which is enough for a bit less than 20 laps). At the end of 15th lap I added 45 litres, which is too much (30 would have been enough) and changed tyres because I had the impression I was suffering a bit their wear (but maybe I was just driving worse as I had to pee :-| ).
(01-10-2021, 02:53 PM)Andrea Piovanelli Wrote:  I actually started from the pits, because I'm clumsy and pulled the steering wheel wire...

Is that what happened, I wondered where you disappeared to.

Lucas Biberacher managed to get a drive through penalty on what has to be the longest pit lane ever. It's the only reason I was anywhere near him at the end.
(01-10-2021, 08:06 PM)Tim Cullingworth Wrote:  
(01-10-2021, 02:53 PM)Andrea Piovanelli Wrote:  I actually started from the pits, because I'm clumsy and pulled the steering wheel wire...

Is that what happened, I wondered where you disappeared to.

Lucas Biberacher managed to get a drive through penalty on what has to be the longest pit lane ever.  It's the only reason I was anywhere near him at the end.
Yes, I took out the usb while making myself comfortable... That's a shame, I may have fought at least for a couple laps with Lucas, maybe. He was just a little bit more consistent with his lap times, in 5-6 laps I would have probably lost him anyway.
Pitlane in Spa truly never ends, you can probably have a snack during the drive through: I assumed Lucas went too wide at Eau Rouge and got the penalty.
I liked the race though, my first "endurance", perhaps I'm trying next week too
I got the penalty for a wrong start position. Not sure what i did wrong there. This was just my second race in ACC so I didnt really have a clue what to do.
I also didnt know that fuel and tyres would last that long. I did like in a AC race and changed my tyres mid-race
(01-11-2021, 06:33 AM)Lucas Biberacher Wrote:  I got the penalty for a wrong start position. Not sure what i did wrong there. This was just my second race in ACC so I didnt really have a clue what to do.
I also didnt know that fuel and tyres would last that long. I did like in a AC race and changed my tyres mid-race
Oh, I can explain then: you started 4th, but at green lights you probably were in front of Gerbrandt and that's illegal.
For pit stops, in the hud in theory it says when it's a legal pit-stop or not. I'm not sure if you had to change tyres and refuel or refuel only though. Sometimes you're also required to change the driver.