Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DONK's M1 Procar Championship - AMS2
Looking forward to tomorrow's race at (not) Monaco, or as AMS2 calls it the Azure Coast. I've shortened the gear ratio to the minimum for max acceleration and increased the steering lock angle (or whatever its called) to the max value of 28 degrees to help me get around the very tight hairpin more easily. I hit a 1:38 in the time trial leaderboard, but in practice mode I could only hit 1:39 if I really pushed. However I would often touch the barriers, so my more likely pace in the race when in free air is probably going to be closer to 1:40, 1:41 or even 1:42 depending on my confidence, hopefully I can avoid touching the barriers at that pace.

This race is going to be the ultimate test in discipline, it is so easy to make contacts with the barrier or another driver that will result in an incident points. If we have numbers like last week where server 1 was full, then this is going to be very tough. My advice would be to take it very handy, especially as it wasn't until the 3rd lap in practice before my tyres got up to the correct temperature and pressures. I did some practice against A.I. (110 skill, 100 aggression), there was a lot of bunching up on lap 1, especially in T1 and into the very tight chicane (at the Grand Hotel). I would highly advise on taking a very cautious approach here, hold your position on lap 1 so the field can spread out and be prepared to slow down and even stop if you see a pile of cars very. I nearly think skipping qualy and starting from the back to avoid the possible crashes could net quite a large amount of points relative to everyone else, or managing to qualify in the front 2 rows where its not as packed. Perhaps being a lone driver in server 2 is the optimal tactic  Big Grin .

Messages In This Thread
RE: DONK's M1 Procar Championship - AMS2 - by Donnchadh MacGarry - 01-08-2021, 08:00 PM