Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DONK's M1 Procar Championship - AMS2
Similar to my post about MoonieGT's DTMurica championship, there is another youtuber SRS championship starting this Saturday at 17:00 GMT but this time it is on Automobolista 2 (AMS2). It is DONK's M1 Procar SRS Championship. This series will use the BMW M1 Procar (as the championship's name suggests) with open setups on some very interesting tracks, which are:
  • Week 1 (2th Jan): Ibarra
  • Week 2 (9th Jan): Azure Circuit (aka Monaco)
  • Week 3 (16th Jan): Adelaide GP
  • Week 4 (23rd Jan): Interlagos GP
  • Week 5 (30th Jan): Donington Park GP
  • Week 6 (6th Feb): Goiana

Like MoonieGT, DONK is another great youtuber who I have been lucky to get to know over the past few weeks. He has an awesome youtube channel that you should check out. I don't think he will be streaming the race itself (I could be wrong and will update this if he does), he will for sure have a well edited video of it that will be worth watching when he releases them. While he doesn't have his own discord, he is always in MoonieGT's discord and even has is own section dedicated to this series in there, you are more than welcome to join where you can discuss this series among other things sim racing related (and even non-sim racing stuff).

DONK Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC-xMVp...6yjChPqokw
MoonieGT Discord (with a section dedicated to DONK's SRS series): https://discord.gg/JCJ4QVx

This is a series I plan on doing myself as I'm pretty sure I will always free at that time. I've tested out the BMW M1 Procar at Ibarra, the car is really fun to drive and the track is refreshingly new to me as I have never driven it before, it is set in a very picturesque location which is nice. I found the default setup pretty nice to drive, the only change I made so far was to shorten the gearing so I could use all 5 gears. I managed a 1:25.547 in the timetrial mode, but run a second slower when using fuel for a 20 minute race in the regular practice mode. One of the cool things in AMS2 is that you can get setups from the online timetrial leaderboard if you want. Just add someone from the leaderboard as one of the ghost cars and when you launch the session you should see an option to use their setup which you can then save and use again afterwards.

There is something to be careful with AMS2 for the SRS races and that is to not manually leave the session after the race has ended, as I think your result won't be saved (unlike with the AC SRS races for example). I would recommend after you have joined not to press any buttons to return to the lobby at any point, it should all automatically happen for you. At least that was from my experience, I've only done two SRS races on AMS2, once in the beta trial of SRS on AMS2 and once in the JCW Mini championship about 3-4 weeks ago.
I won't be able to make it to most of the races but I'm really looking forward to those I'll manage to attend!
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Just a heads up guys: Reiza are launching a hotfix this afternoon (the devs have stated this in the beta testing forum), so I guess we all need make sure we are running the latest version at 17:00hrs.
Dang it, I missed that first race of the season yesterday and wanted to race so much. I just got AMS2 over New years and really liked how the M1 procar drives. Hopefully, I'll join you all at that notorious street track on the Azure coast.
22 people in an AMS2 race yesterday, that's great! I hope this will establish AMS2 as kind of a secondary sim for SRS Smile
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Show up was even better. There were like just over 30 drivers registered before the event, and only that 1 server is in the results.
If people don't stay until the end, they won't be in the results, no way arround.
Those who raced on server 2 and stayed until the end earned their points, later than it should but it's there.
(01-05-2021, 02:06 AM)simracingsystem Wrote:  If people don't stay until the end, they won't be in the results, no way arround.
Those who raced on server 2 and stayed until the end earned their points, later than it should but it's there.
Ah I see server 2 results are up in the standings. Do those points count as championship ones because those drivers are now on the standings leaderboard? I thought there needed to be 6 in a race for that to be the case? Or is that requirement to earn championship points only for daily races and not weekly? Or perhaps there was over 6 people in the registration for server 2, and so even if less than 6 turn up their points are counted?

I might have been given them some misinformation so I'd to clarify this.
the 6 driver rule is for total registered drivers.
All servers beyond server 1 (servers 2,3,4) are official and get points(with at least 3 laps on the race) even if they have a single driver.
Its a great series to be involved in. Ibarra was awesome for me, great racing and got me 7th Smile