Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone!
Hi!

My name is Joshua. I've been a petrolhead my whole life, and have been playing racing games since I was 4 years old, Gran Turismo 2 on the PS1 being the first videogame I ever played in my life. I'll be racing on Assetto Corsa, and my timezone is CET (GMT +1).

My interest in cars really took off with Formula 1 and Need For Speed Underground 2 though. I'm especially a big fan of 90s Japanese cars and modding, so I've almost exclusively been driving Shutoko Revival Project since I got my first Logitech G29 with a shifter about a month ago. Now that I've gotten a lot of practice joyriding through "Japanese highways," I want to take that experience and see how I stack up against other drivers on a track. I know I have a really long way to go (especially since I still have a really bad habit of missing my gears on the H-shifter and almost always hit the apex too early), so I hope you guys can welcome a potentially really slow newbie on the grid. I will do my best to stay out of trouble and build up my speed slowly!

Other than loving cars, I'm also a musician and producer; my dream job would be as a studio producer some day! I play and record music with a bass guitar, an electric guitar, and a little MIDI controller. I love all kinds of music, but my favorite genres are K-Pop (LOONA, Pentagon, Eyedi), Indie Rock and Indie Pop (The Naked and Famous, Se So Neon), Metal (Tremonti, Alter Bridge, Metallica), 70s Rock and Alternative (Jimi Hendrix, Fleetwood Mac), EDM (just Monstercat music in general Tongue) and Hip-Hop (MF DOOM, Chance the Rapper, Tyler the Creator, Epik High). More than just enjoying music in general, if I want to be a producer in a future I have to be really eclectic about my tastes.

To close out, I also watch Formula 1 religiously. I'm from Spain, so I'm obviously a really big fan of Fernando Alonso and Carlos Sainz Jr.. Other than them, I really enjoy it when it's the underdogs that do well. This year has been insane with Gasly and Perez getting their shock wins, and Russell almost getting his first win, so I really hope we get more of that craziness in the future!

Anyway, I think that's everything I wanted to say. I hope to learn lots about racing with you guys, and see you on the grid!
Hi Joshua, welcome to SRS! You certainly have a diverse taste in music. I hadn't yet heard of Se So Neon, so I will check them out!
Welcome! I assure you - as a complete beginner - even with little experience with simulators you can have a lot of fun around here!